cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Margaretd

Looking for a place to land after the Quitnet closes

I'm looking for a place to land when the Quitnet closes on January 6, 2020.  I am a non-smoker after 30 + years of smoking, I am now 926 days nicotine-free and loving every minute of it.  I will miss the support of my people on the Quitnet and I'm searching for a place to land and feel just as comfortable as I did with the Quitnet.  

Quitting nicotine is the very best, bravest and honest thing I've ever done.  It was not easy but I can attest it is "doable". 

While I have been nicotine-free for some time, I never take the power and cunning nature of nicotine for granted.  I believe this addiction will always be with me and I believe it will always call my name, so I must be ever vigilant.  Nicotine addiction is crafty, cagey and it wants me back.  Today, I say; "nicotine, you can't have me".  

Thanks, I will check in with this site to see if this is where I want to land after the Quitnet closes.  

I would appreciate anyone on this site tellin me why this might be a good place of support.  Thank you

Quit Stats - 926-day nicotine-free, money saved - $11,112 - State of mind - HAPPY!

6 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Stick around until you can tell for sure whether you like it here. Must have been jarring to lose your quit home site. It probably will take a little while to adjust to another community. The reason I stick with Ex is that it is rock solid--from how it is structured to who runs it, to the smober quitters showing up to extend a helping hand to one another and to any newcomer who arrives. 

sweetplt

Hello and Welcome to Ex’s...I love Ex’s...and it’s people because they helped me in my now final quit...I am not sure what else to say about the site.  We help encourage each other on this journey.  I am curious Why Quitnet is closing because it seems like it had so many supporters ?  Stick around and see if Ex’s works for you...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...~ Colleen 384 DOF 

Margaretd

thank you Colleen.  Most of us don't know why Quitnet is closing but we all agree that quitnet is a lifesaver.  It is a wonderful support and its users are a tight community.  So it is jarring to be displaced.  Thank you fro making me feel welcome!  Margaret

MarilynH

Welcome to the community hang around and get to know us we're all here to help each other through the rough patches and we're hear to celebrate the good times we're a caring community sometimes we have disagreements but we normally talk it out without hard feelings, I consider all of us here at Ex friends and Fellow EXers and most definetly EXtended family....

sweetplt

Ah Margaret Margaretd I think you will find the same thing here, and I can only imagine how you feel...so sorry hon...but you are more than welcome to become a part of our community, in fact we welcome it...Thank you for getting back to me...I greatly appreciate it...~ Colleen

JACKIE1-25-15

Image result for animated welcome sign gif