cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just wrote a blog but it disappeared before I posted it. Where did it go? Was it saved somewhere?

I was sharing a blog about being tested with quitting but I hadn’t posted it yet and it disappeared. Does it save somewhere? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Sometimes it is just gone.  You can check under your Content, then Drafts, but I have experienced this before and it was just gone.  But - it is not something to smoke over; nothing is!!!!!

If you are writing something long and involved, it isn't a bad idea to write it in a word processor and copy and paste it into your blog.

Sorry!

Legend

I don’t know where your post went but that sounds aggravating. I hope it does not happen again to you. 

I am sorry that happened.  If I am writing a blog I use the draft feature and save it along the way so if I loose something I can still recover most of it.  As Nancy also you can use a word file to write it then post it. 

sweetplt

Rallyqueen917 Perhaps Mark Mark our administrator can help you out...but sometimes we hit the wrong button and our posts just disappear...Colleen 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rallyqueen917

You would check under Rallyqueen917 | Content Drafts . From what I can see there is nothing in there because the draft only puts it in there if you click the "save draft" button. However if you start a new blog it might say, We recognize that you started something, would you like to recover it? If so, you can press okay or yes and it should fill in the last auto-save version which might not include the last letter you typed but might have most of your post.

The site has an autosave feature much like microsoft office so that if you start composing something and you don't publish it or something happens that if you start composing the same thing it will try to auto-recover it and allow you to continue. It will only prompt this when you start creating content of the same type though and in the same place. So if you were creating a blog in your personal blog then you'd have to create a new blog in your personal blog place.  Or if it was a Discussion in Conversations‌ then you'd have to go back to Conversations‌ and create a Discussion there to have it prompt you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

In ALL my years, I have never had that happen when something disappears.....and I usually do try to recreate it in the same spot.

I will, perhaps, give it more time before I start in again and see what happens!

Thanx.

N.

Thank you Mark. I will try that. 

Let me know how it goes.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,  I didn’t locate the original but that was okay. I just wrote another. Thank you for everything. 

Rally

0 Kudos