cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kindofodd

80 days

I’ve been a bit absent from here the past week or so. It’s not because I fell off the wagon. Just busy and disgruntled. 80 days in today and it’s a rough one. Cravings started back up yesterday and today they're kicking my &%%. They have definitely grown farther apart over time but man, when they hit they still hit hard.
Almost smoked tonight. Almost stole one from the boyfriend. Almost had a piece of nicotine gum instead (which I’ve been off of for 3 weeks now). Decided on regular gum instead. Came here instead. Guess I’ll go to bed.
Tomorrow will be easier. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
YoungAtHeart

WOW!  80 days!  Congratulations!

Let me remind you about the part of the quit journey you are now traveling:  No Mans Land Days 30 to 130 (approximate).  I had one of my most difficult days around 108.  Almost a constant crave, felt as though the journey was NEVER going to end, or get easier, and I was so tired of the whole thing.  I reached out, just like you have done, and, just like I am here to tell you, a community member told me to hold on, that I was almost THERE!  And-he was right.  Pull out the tools you used successfully early in your quit and put them to work.  Go for a walk, watch YouTube videos, play a computer game, march in place, do a few sets of stairs, eat a bit of chocolate, sing aloud with some Christmas songs.   You still have a bit of work to do, I'm afraid.  This addiction does not die an easy,  quiet and peaceful death!

It will get easier - and SOON!  Hang tough, you are almost THERE.  I promise it will be SO worth it - I promise!

Nancy

kindofodd

Thanks so much. I'm glad to have you

0 Kudos
kindofodd

And no man's land ain't no joke!

YoungAtHeart

NOPE!

0 Kudos
mandimarie81

81 days quit today and although it’s gotten easier, those cravings that still pop up are horrendous! It takes a lot out of me mentally to fight through but somehow I find the strength to pull through! YoungAtHeart‌ is right! We’ve come this far, let’s just make it through today and we will worry about tomorrow when it comes. NOPE!!!! I’m here if you need a supportive hand!!! 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

So 9/30/19 is your quit date?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
mandimarie81

Are you able to @mention Mark?‌ 

yes 9-30-19 was my quit date! Very proud of my accomplishment! 

Barbscloud

Congrats on 81 days now.  Glad you came here and posted instead of smoking.  I know it saved me several times early in my quit.  Knowing what your experiencing is normal at this stage helps to keep you strong.  Keep moving forward!

Barb

sweetplt

Congratulations on 80 days of Freedom kindofodd ... this is so true...as time goes by you have less smoke pulls, but when you do they are rough one’s...as you get closer to one year.....they are almost never a thought...I am glad you came here and I am glad you realize usually tomorrow is a better day...Happy Friday Hon...~ Colleen 382 DOF