cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Does the scent of Vaping Trigger You?

As a former smoker (quit over 13 years ago), I still find the smell of a freshly lit cigarette appealing.  It smells good to me.  At this stage on my quit journey, it's not something that's going to make me run to the next shop to buy some, but I'm curious as to you vapers who have been quit for a while.  Let's say those who have been quit for over a year?  ARE there any? 

Is there a vape "scent" that you might pass by on your way into a store like there is a "cigarette scent?"  Or is there no scent whatsoever to those who vape?  It's so obvious to me those who vape because the amount of 'smoke'  they exhale is like three times the amount of a normal cigarette exhalation.  It literally looks like a little chimney.  But does it have a scent like a cigarette does?  

And if not - my second question would be for you vapers - when you see that huge amount of vape in the air from someone exhaling - does it trigger you?  It's such a visual that I would think it would?

Just curious.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
AnnetteMM

I vaped over a year ago. The smell of vapor in the air does nothing for me, but the cloud is a stark reminder. But not a trigger, no.

DonnaMarie

Vaping makes me sad and that trumps any fragrance or other delightful thoughts that might enter my head. I have a nephew (grown, over 30 years old) who vapes with a Juul. I don't condone it, but he's not smoking 40 cigarettes a day anymore and he's not using the Juul to smoke pot, which is apparently the big problem.

Anyway, I would like to see people not vape, smoke, or put anything in their lungs that doesn't belong there. It doesn't trigger me at all, thankfully.

Donna

Day 367

sammie12

My housemate still vapes and I’m so jealous! Yes, it triggers me-I can smell it!! 
I had to be one of the people who’s lungs are injured from vaping. I’ve been hospitalized 2 times-both Jan 2020 and March 2020

now I’m smoking cigs and I hate them

i miss my e-cig so much!!

Giulia

"I had to be one of the people who’s lungs are injured from vaping."  Sorry to hear that.  Just out of curiosity - you don't think your lungs are being injured from smoking cigarettes?  I suspect you do, that's why you'd prefer the e-cig if it didn't contain equally bad stuff for your lungs.  Seems that either way inhaling all that cr*p is bad for our lungs.  So you're stuck between a rock and a hard place it seems.  You hate cigarettes but are smoking them because you can't vape.  OK.  So.... you're here to quit smoking, right?  Stick your nose into every blog you can find.  Lots of good information being passed around here.  This takes a major shift in thinking.  Learning about this addiction and your particular relationship with it will help to set you free. I'll bet you missed your cigarettes before you quit for a year and half too, didn't you?  But you managed it.  So you can do it again.  Read, learn, adapt, change and persevere!  We're on your team.

0 Kudos