cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Carcher1

Day 4

This time around I’ve made it four days! I think for me my body literally began saying this sh** is making you sick. I would feel sick each time I smoked and finally it just wasn’t worth the energy anymore. I hope it continues. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

This time can be your FINAL quit time!  It's all up to you!  You can listen to the addict within telling you "just one" will be OK - or you can make the decision that you will not smoke another cigarette  NO MATTER WHAT and honor that decision.  To an addict, there will never be just one - it will always, maybe not right away but always, lead to another, and another until you are a full-time smoker again.

Choose not to listen to that addict's voice in you.  Choose freedom!  Would it help for you to write down how it makes you feel to help when the going gets tough?  The memory is always much better than the reality, isn't it?!

Hang in there - you are more than halfway through H#ll Week!

abbynormal42

Congrats on 4 days! You are cruising through H*ll Week! When you say you "hope" it continues, that tells me you are unsure of yourself. Watch what you say to yourself. Mindset matters! Tell yourself you WILL continue to remain smoke free. Even if you don't believe it now, keep telling yourself this quit WILL stick. Tell yourself you will NEVER smoke again. Ever. Repeat it over and over until it becomes part of you. That's what I had to do in the beginning, and here I am at almost a year quit! Our thoughts have power!

Carcher1

That is an excellent point about language! Thank you 

Giulia

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!

happy you go GIF by CraveTV

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad you're back.  Never give up -- it will happen for you now that you've made that commitment.  Congrats on 4 days.

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your quit. Keep the smober days coming.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Never give up on quitting or yourself...therefore, Congratulations on 4 days of Freedom...Hang tough and work hard...and remember we are here for you...~ Colleen 377 DOF 

0 Kudos
CurtisG

Hey, I am a 4 day out gum user too!   I have quit many times in the past sometimes for several years.  I am age 60, 40 year smoker and this MUST be my permanent quit.  This Devil will bite if I don't.  I am a little surprised that quitting didn't 'rock' my world and make me dizzy with cigarette lust for days.   Grateful but surprised.   MY gf quit 10 days ago and I HAVE to stop tempting her back into Cigarette Weekends.  So there are many reasons to run with the quit this time

0 Kudos