cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Stress and quitting

The last couple of days.My stress level has been out of the world and it seems like whatever I did was not going right.

I was so frustrated and it seemed that my withdrawals and slippery cravings were working overtime and against me.

I almost slip and thought about buying a can and say screw this.But,I hung on with my nic mints and had to buy another one since I went through it like butter.

Now,it almost bedtime and hopefully got my car fix and hopefully a better day tomorrow.

Sorry,for the long rant.but I needed to blow of steam and knowing someone is around to keep me from going nuts.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

What you are going through, I'm afraid, is perfectly normal.  NOT fun, not easy - but you are doing it.  PROUD of you!

Keep going. it's doable, and you have come this far.

I KNOW you can go further.

")

sweetplt

Ronwv Glad you came here to vent instead of buying chew.  Hoping today is a better one for you...Colleen 371 DOF 

Barbscloud

I understand how you're feeling.  I was on a roll for about two weeks.  Everything that could go wrong, did.  Last Wednesday, I reached my peak of frustration and thought about smoking for a few minutes.  Logic tells us it's not going to fix anything, but in the moment it seems like a plausible solution.  It does get easier with time, but I don't know if this ever totally goes anyway.  Glad you didn't cave.  It does make us stronger knowing that we can get through these trying times without smoking. Keep moving forward.

Barb

Sootie

No need to apologize...rant away! That's what we are here for. You CAN do this! We all did and we are no different from you! Reach out when needed and BE STRONG. It's so worth it when you make it.