cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Augustus44

50th Day of Freedom

I am sure that my 50th day without taking a puff, pales when one considers the milestones most of you have reached since the day you quit--but I've made it so far. 

As you can probably tell, I'm having some of those "pangs" that go along with my resolve to stay with NOPE. I've got to say that I'm curious though, and realize that giving in to that temptation is the worse thing I could do. 

Fortunately, the "pangs" don't last long, and I have so many of you to thank for the encouragement you have given me since I've quit. 

I expect that I'll need more of the same soon enough. Please stay with me; as a life-long smoker, my life has changed drastically in these last 50 days. I hope there's more coming. 

My best to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because you are the best. 

Tags (1)
12 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS 50 DAYS- Yahooooooooooo - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos

We are just as proud of your 50 days of freedom as you are Augustus.! Congratulations!

Mn@ 001.jpg

0 Kudos
MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for Smokefree and YAY for each and every Day WON WTG YAY for your awesome MILESTONE you are Rocking your precious quit journey YAY for Smokefree living.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

All of us with the big numbers started just where you are - and STILL think it's a huge accomplishment!  Those first 100 days really are the most challenging (and the first 50 even more so)!   Hang in there!

CONGRATULATIONS!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Fifty days is a huge accomplishment!  Those little pangs will get to be fewer and farther between - time is the answer!  Congratulations!

sweetplt

Congratulations on 50 Days of Freedom Augustus44 super job...this is so good, but remember still early...it still takes work .. and saying NOPE to those pangs....hang in there it gets so much better...Way to Go....~ Colleen 371 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on 50 days smoke free.   It's one day at at time so each and every day is important.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos
Giulia

And now you've got 54.  They just keep adding up, don't they?  Happy for you.

0 Kudos
Augustus44

I just want to wish everyone who took the time to write to me, a wonderful Christmas and the best New Year of your lives. It is just so amazing to see the support that comes along from so many people. I'd like to get us all together for a huge celebration, and then  march on Washington to tell Congress and the poor excuse we have for a President, that cigarettes should be outlawed, banned, or at least restricted to use only in portable toilets that are in need of emptying. 

Augustus.

I got a great Annual check-up from my Primary Physician yesterday--I'm 75, with, as she mentioned, all my original parts. I feel great, and hope that my lungs, heart, and entire body are on the mend. 

By the way, I have a health coach from my insurance company, who backs up the hearse and tells me all the physical things that smoking causes. I wrote and told her that a hard core smoker finds excuses to continue smoking--junkie thoughts, and that she'd be wise to read Carr's book. That's the only thing that's made sense to me. Love to all of you, and thanks again for your support. 

0 Kudos