cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mammad01

Strong cravings after 3 months

Hello all I am entering my fourth month of not smoking, my quit date was 9/4/2019. I am really having cravings, I am almost ready to give in. Why are they so bad now?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are right on schedule:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

A LOT of us had some really rough days where you are in your journey.  The most difficult day of my quit was 108 - I felt as though the cravings were never going to end; that the journey was NEVER going to be over.  I had strong cravings that seemed to last all day.....

And then I didn't!  Luckily, I came to the site and asked for help; a member offered their phone number, explained what was going on.  I have now celebrated 7+ years quit. 

Stay strong!  You are almost THERE!  This stage will end - I promise!

Nancy

marciem

As YoungAtHeart‌ said above, you are right on schedule!!  Also the fact that it is dead on into the Holiday season, which is a stressor in and of itself, combined with being one of the the "icky threes"  and No Man's Land  OH MY!!  (My quit date was close to yours on the calendar, back in 2012...)  I came thru the Holidays feeling battered and bruised, but unbowed ..... and best of all, smoke-free.  It can be minute by minute once again, like in the beginning, but not for long.  Just hold tight.

I remember having to relearn how to cook holiday meals without a smoke-break to time my recipes... and oh golly Xmas shopping without a cigarette between stores, and wrapping without a cigarette reward after every 2 or so packages... EEEK it was difficult but obviously do-able since I did it  .  And so can YOU!!  Just be aware, and be vigilant and know that what is happening is NOT permanent, you will NOT always feel this crappy, and you will come thru it stronger than ever.  And it gets easier and easier from there TADA! 

Best to you!!  Keep on marching, every journey is made one step at a time!

sweetplt

Hang in there .. 3 Months quit is super...but it takes time to feel good in your new ex smoking skin...read the blog post that YoungAtHeart gave to you...it will help tremendously....~ Colleen 1 Year Free 

Roj

Thanks for asking the “why” question...I remember briefly reading about no mans land but now as I inch closer to 3 months I will be more prepared...you got this!!!! Just stay strong, everyone says it too shall pass.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your fabulous 4 months.  As already said, NML can be rough time for some.  The important thing is that we're aware of it and we can be prepared.   Knowledge it power.   Stay close for support during this time.  You got this!

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I had an attachment to my old smoking life at 3 months, even late. I quit cold turkey and did not join a community like Ex for a good number of years. I slowly began to detach from all of the connections that I'd made between myself and cigarettes over 30 plus years of smoking. I was 54 when I quit and I'd hoped that I would be feeling better within a few weeks, definitely in three months. NOT the case!!! 

Quitting and relearning life go hand in hand. So, be kind to yourself and let yourself be proud of your 3 months. Exers are!!! You've come to the right place for daily support, or for as much as you need or want. 

Quitting is a one day at a time job--don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next month--stay in today with your quit!

Congratulations on 90--you earned every day.

0 Kudos
avian3

NO no no, you don't give up over a temporary situation. It's just another hump you must get over.  I was doing so well when at 6 months I got the worst crave ever. I am so glad I did not give in to that.  What a loss that would have been.

green1611

It is normal. look at the problem in this way..

three months is what ratio of smoke free days to your smoking days? 

0.25 years : 25 years or so.

So it will have to be dealt with this manner.

The knot of addiction makes us nervous. 

As mentioned above, NML. good to remember NOPE. 

one puff will throw you back in deep sea of slavery.

all the best.

0 Kudos