cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jmhair

Sleep. Sleep. And more sleep

I’m on my 6 th day quitting after 3 years of vaping and smoking before that. I feel like I could sleep all day. Is this normal detox/withdrawal symptoms and hopefully temporary?

4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Just as each person and each quit are unique, so are the withdrawal symptoms experienced.  A common one of them is depression - and that could be the reason for your sleepiness.  Your body is also working extra hard in the background to try to clear itself out and heal from the damage done to it by smoking.

Whatever the cause, enjoy the extra rest!  Some folks have terrible insomnia - and I think you will agree extra sleep is easier with which to deal!  This, too, shall pass as you get further along in your quit.

You are almost through H#ll Week!  Congratulations!   Keep going!

Nancy

sweetplt

It is very normal...I found my energy level was way down...your body is healing from all the chemicals you had been putting in your body...be sure to get rest...during the day time, I found I had to exercise a bit more to get energy...it is temporary...6 Days quit is super...almost through hell week...you keep going...~ Colleen 1 Year Free 

AnnetteMM

Sleep is good for you. Don't fight it.

Barbscloud

Some folks need keep busy, while others need more sleep.  For me, I just had to keep moving.  So if your body needs more rest right now, then that's what you should be doing.  Congrats on your 6 days of success.

Barb

0 Kudos