can swallowing a lot of gum cause problems 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sweetplt

Google it and/or talk to your Doctor...Colleen 352 DOF 

johnwaller456

lol haha

sweetplt

Hahaha you laughed..so did I ... I thought what adult swallows gum...oh well I learn something new everyday...I do hope you stop swallowing it...it can’t be good...Happy Sunday ... Colleen 363 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You didn't say if it was nicotine gum?

I found this on swallowing regular chewing gum:  "Although chewing gum is designed to be chewed and not swallowed, it generally isn't harmful if swallowed. ... If you swallow gum, it's true that your body can't digest it. But the gum doesn't stay in your stomach. It moves relatively intact through your digestive system and is excreted in your stool."

I found this on nicotine gum:  "If you swallow the gum or use it improperly, you could have hiccups, dizziness, nausea, or upset stomach."  If you are using nicotine gum, you should be parking it in between your cheek and gum - not chewing it like regular gum.

I would figure out why you are swallowing it and do something differently so you stop it. Although regular gum doesn't appear to be harmful, it can't be good long term for your digestive system.

Try maybe Dum-Dum lollipops, or Sour Path Kids or Fireball candies, maybe, or sugar free mints?

You aren't smoking, though, and that is a GOOD thing!

I used Beeman's Black Jack clove flavored gum! Delicious!

0 Kudos
jonimarie

Love that gum. Have not seen it around for years in our area.

0 Kudos
avian3

I don't think swallowing any gum on a constant basis is ever a good idea, whether it be nicotine or regular. I would think it would cause digestive problems in the long run. Why would you want to swallow your gum unless it was an accident, which I have done in the past and freaked out about that one piece.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Doesn't seem like one piece should be a problem.  What I found is that it passes completely through your system undigested (and comes out the other end!).

avian3

Yes, I suppose it's like corn and tomato skins.

0 Kudos