cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

ARGGGGG, I WANT A CIGARETTE!!

It's 445 days since I quit smoking. I've been through horrendous withdrawals, cravings early in my quit, the emotional rollercoaster but prayer, determination, and EX got me through it all. Tonight my oldest son is screaming at me that I stole money from him out of his Disability check. I didn't, He pays for his car insurance, contributes a small part of his living expenses and transferring whatever money he wants to his checking acct. I hurt like hell, my patience is short and I want a cigarette. I won't have one it's just the old devil popping his head up from the cesspool. He can go back and pull the cover closed because it won't trap me again. NMW means NMW.

19 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I am sorry that you are going through this difficulty with your son but glad you have commited to NMW no matter what happens you will not smoke. Congrats on 445 DOF.  NEF Day One.

0 Kudos
virgomama

That's the spirit, girl.  Amazing how those little suckers pop up out of nowhere.  I'm so glad I found this site and got the skills to deal.  NOPE for me too.  NMW.  It wouldn't have done a thing for you except make you start at day ONE.  Now that would really be an ARRGGHH!!!   Good job!! Stay strong.  We're still with you.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

To help with your resolve, know that your healing will be impacted negatively(along with EVERYTHING else) if you smoke!

Keep it all in perspective.  Nothing is worth losing your quit over - NOTHING!

Glad to hear you are hanging in there.

Rest!  Heal!  Slow/deep breaths!

Gwenivere

Congrats on your 445 days!  I’ll hit a year Monday.  Every now and then I want a real cigarette.  But I can’t imagine actually smoking it.  It’s been so long.  It’s seeing people in shows that take me back to that time I did the same thing, for being stressed or just something I did.  I miss the rush.  I’m still using NRTs, so have changed my addition, but there’s no doubt my breathing is much improved.  Even using spray deodorant bothers my lungs now.  I guess I’m just slow to get away from the nicotine.  Anyway, you aren’t alone in those fierce desires.  I’m hoping one day I’ll just forget to have some.  It’s happened a couple times but then catches up.  With the emotional holidays coming for me, I’m not going to sweat it right now.  All my docs know and are just glad about the smoke part.  None have blinked about the NRTs.  

What is NMW?

virgomama

No Matter What

0 Kudos

NMW I Plan to be Smoke Free the End of Dec, I had my Doc write a Scribe for me for Chantix In Nov, And I've gone Slow Turkey with it for over 2 weeks now, And For 3 -5 Days not smoking at all. I started with Chantix still smoking, And am still having 1 maybe 2 But I don't smoke the whole Cigarette, So now this tells me I can, And will be Smoke Free on my Quit day Dec 31st 2019

0 Kudos
virgomama

Good job!!..Hope you're working on a plan and doing lots of research for when that day comes.  The more prepared you are the better your success rate.  You will not regret quitting.  It is a whole other world.  And I love it.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your one year smoke free tomorrow.  I know it's been a struggle, but you did it!

Barb

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations Gwenivere on 1 Year quit...I am so proud of you...you really have had such a rough journey and yet you kept the quit...be proud and be happy...because you are doing it...Happy Sunday...~ Colleen 363 DOF 

0 Kudos