cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hagy66

Now I am vaping how do I quit it I feel I need something to do with my hands

I have quit smoking cigarettes since July 2019 and I am vaping 0 grams of nicotine in my vaping

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Not sure you can count on the vapor REALLY having 0 nicotine, but it should be easy to get past the physical withdrawal from it at even a small amount.

The second part of the addiction is the psychological one - like you mentioned learning what to do with your hands.  You need to change up your daily routines so the associations to vaping are reduced.  Find a new way to travel to your usual destinations so the scenery is different, change the order of how you get up and out in the morning and  what you usually do in the evenings.  Get a crossword book or jigsaw puzzle for the slow times.  Get lots and lots of exercise.  Keep a cold bottle of water handy from which to sip.  Keep cut up straws handy with which to fiddle and puff through, maybe a smooth stone with "BREATHE" on it, or an empty box into which you might put your reasons for wanting to quit on small pieces of paper  (or even write them on the outside) to hold in your hand.  You could even have a small lemon to fiddle with in your hand.

You need to keep your mind off of vaping.  On your quit date, smash the device and any pods to pieces with a hammer and throw them in a dumpster or public trash can...make a ceremony out of it!

Stay close and ask questions when you have them and for support when you need it.  We will be with you every step of the way!

Let's DO this!!!

sweetplt

Hi and WElcome to Ex’s...hagy66

Here is a list to keep your hands and mind busy.../blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=5... 

Another Ex here quit smoking with Vaping ...here is her blog https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2019/09/08/how-to-quit-juul-or-vaping-in-ge... 

Also, keep close to the site for help and to encourage others on their journey...~ Colleen 361 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  You have about 4 or 5 months success?  That's great.  From what I've read there are pods without nicotine, but you would probably know better than me.  For my hands, I chewed on straws (which you would be holding) and video games also helped me a lot.

Barb