cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gamamazk

Starting to go blind , how can I stay active in community?

Jump to solution

Mac.Degeneration in both eyes.  Do not want miss out in help, talks etc. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear of your failing vision.  You can increase the Font size in your browser by pushing CTRL and + and the text will increase.  There are screen reading software and dictation functions included in most OS now to increase access-ability both for people who have a physical disability but also those who may have a situational disability. 

Truth of the matter is that access-ability functions are beneficial to everyone at some point in their life. You should consult with your doctor as far as what services might be available to you as your condition changes so that everything is as comfortable for you as possible. They can help you set up your computer in a way that helps improve your usability and also educates you on getting the most out of software and hardware that will assist you.  My brother actually worked in this space for many years but is now working at a university in student accommodation services.

We do also have a high contrast setting on the site that might help in preferences.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear of your failing vision.  You can increase the Font size in your browser by pushing CTRL and + and the text will increase.  There are screen reading software and dictation functions included in most OS now to increase access-ability both for people who have a physical disability but also those who may have a situational disability. 

Truth of the matter is that access-ability functions are beneficial to everyone at some point in their life. You should consult with your doctor as far as what services might be available to you as your condition changes so that everything is as comfortable for you as possible. They can help you set up your computer in a way that helps improve your usability and also educates you on getting the most out of software and hardware that will assist you.  My brother actually worked in this space for many years but is now working at a university in student accommodation services.

We do also have a high contrast setting on the site that might help in preferences.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

I too am sorry about vision deterioration.  But Mark has given you some great suggestions.  Screen reading software - wow, what a little miracle I would say.  Never knew Windows had that as a feature.   https://www.pcmag.com/news/352390/how-to-use-windows-10s-narrator-to-read-your-screen-aloud   There are also Youtube tutorials on it.  We don't want you miss on anything here!