cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Leduc2019

I need help quiting

Hey idk what to do IV tryed everything IV craved alot and I feel like nothing helping

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maryfreecig

Distract yourself by doing things. Stick with Ex--meaning read, blog, comment as you wish. Please take the timeto read at least the first three links below. Quitting is done one day at a time only--no wondering how you are going to manage your quit tomorrow or next week or next month--just for today. You get better in time. Please stick around because Ex has a ton of good quit experience and will be here for you 365.

101 Things to Do Instead of Smoking 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/01/27/one-of-the-greatest-tools-... 

What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking? - YouTube 

Quitting Cigarettes Journal my story

0 Kudos
PastTense

Hey, Leduc2019

I feel your pain.  Quitting is HARD.  It is the hardest thing I have ever done because it takes dedication and stamina for days, weeks, and months.

This site is great for finding support and advise.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and what you have tried?

Are you using any kind of nicotine replacement to help you quit (gum or patch)?

Have you got a quit plan?  I was finally able to hang on to a quit because I made a written quit plan.  It makes a difference.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
0 Kudos
elvan

Make a plan, identify what your triggers are and then plan what you will do INSTEAD of smoking when they happen.  They WILL happen, each time you don't smoke, you get stronger.  It is not easy but it really is possible.  There is a plan on the home page that will help you, so will all of the people here who understand what it is like.  Many of us had to quit more than once before we GOT it.  For me, the biggest difference between this quit and others was education about nicotine addiction, I read everything I could find, support from people who knew EXACTLY what I was feeling, and my own commitment not to smoke, NO MATTER WHAT.  I accepted that smoking really never did anything FOR me, only TO me.

It will get easier.  Welcome to EX.

Ellen

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I answered on your other post...again Welcome to Ex’s...

0 Kudos