cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

Dreaming About Smoking

Last night I had a disturbing dream about me telling my husband I was going to start smoking again.  Not sure where this came from - is it normal to have these dreams?  I am 127 days smoke free and plan in keeping it that way- almost out of no mans land and it has been a challenge but is getting better

Tags (1)
14 Replies
indingrl

Welcome I had one last night and blogged MY SMOKEMARE TODAY- gentle hug

elvan

It's perfectly normal, think about how very involved smoking was with everything we did and felt and thought.  Here is a link to indingrl‌'s blog https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations/blog/2019/11/26/my-smokemare 

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

I have had MANY over my 7+ year quit.  I was proud that in the early days of my quit I would get out a cigarette, be ready to light it, and then stop myself. I thought how wonderful it was that I was committed even in my smokemares! However, I was not so proud in a later year when I had one where I was sitting in a lovely garden, lit a cigarette, smoked it, and enjoyed every last bit of it.

They have no relation to your quit - don't let them have you think they do!

Congrats on 127 days!

Nancy

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Whoo Hoo 127 Days of Freedom ... Fantastic ... Honestly, I think those smokemares come a lot through the first year...I honestly have had only a couple and I now look at them as part of the process...because my other two quits, I never had the smokemares and went back to smoking...this time I am having them...I think it is Nico can’t get me awake, so he tries in my sleep...take it for what it’s worth ... just a dream... Happy Wednesday Hon ....~ Colleen 359 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on your 127 days smoke free.  As you see from the responses, yes, it's very common.

Barb

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I think of them as dreams about my Exes! 

Barbscloud

I actually dreamed twice last night about smoking!  In the first dream  I actually smoked - that never happened before.  It's really scary when your first wake up.

Barb

Thovis

Most common dream for quitters is smoking.  In my dreams I slip up without thinking, just grab one like I never quit.  Then I'm overcome with guilt.  Thankful to wake up and realize it's just a dream.  

marciem

I've had many smoking dreams thru the last 7 years, not too often but often enough.  VERY scary at first, but over time I learned to laugh at them.  (For a while at one time I even looked forward to them, so I could smoke without consequences LOL.  I know, the junkie in me still raised its ugly head occasionally.)

I did have one last night, which was not funny and I did not appreciate.

And I woke up thinking about this song from "Cinderella" which I totally believed at the time .  But I know I don't believe it now, I certainly don't "wish" I were smoking

0 Kudos