cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susanyv

Hello

Not real sure how all this works. But I did want to check in and say that all is well with not smoking. Now I just have to really start working on getting my weight back down. I would like to know what all I need to do to qualify for work discount and also what a healthy snack is so you don't gain weight. Thanks for your help

7 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. I didn't worry about my weight until 7 months or so after I quit. Then I cut back and exercised a little more. Eating everything healthy is the best way to eat because then we really get filled up. But, if you like pickles, they contain zero calories.  Congrats on your quit.

YoungAtHeart

You might start by subbing low calorie snacks like frozen grapes, or sugar free gum or mints, carrot or celery sticks, or apple slices and reduce your serving sizes at meals.    Don't go on a strict diet until your quit is well in hand - at least four months.

Increase the amount you are exercising - try to walk at least 30 minutes every day, or march in place, or find an exercise video on YouTube (there are lots!).

Keep your quit #1, though.  You will have more time, money and energy to work on the weight when it is solid.

Nancy

linda258

I quit using gum, nuts, seeds and anything with a crunch.  The gum helped!  A lollipop kept me busy as well as tea, coffee popcorn.   

sweetplt

HI and Welcome to Ex’s susanyv ... How long are you quit...? Make your quit the number one priority...tackle the weight, but don’t try to do all at once....you can choose healthier items to eat along with daily exercise.  Google healthy snacks and you should find a list....Can you explain work discount? 

Keep that quit going...~ Colleen 357 DOF 

Swanbird

Amazon sells some good sugar free lollipops.  I think they may be for little kids cause they help clean your teeth.  I didn't care.  They are pretty tasty and sugar free is a bonus!  They are called Zollipops.

elvan

Welcome to EX, please don't worry about your weight early in your quit.  Taking care of your quit is number one...I lost quits because I obsessed over my weight and it did not mix well with quitting.  I ate frozen fruit, popsicles, and I drank GALLONS of water.  I also sucked on Sour Patch Kids because they were so surprisingly sour that they reset my brain every time I felt a crave.  You can do this, you have gotten some great advice.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome I like spanish redskin peanuts OR fiji apples - lots of water and sucking on lemons