cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a new group

Can  someone make a new group for people that lives near me so we can celebrate near so I won't have to not go to texas to celebrate 3 months free. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

West Virginia Quitters is your best bet.  But also there may be another celebration in Virginia Beach, VA this year as the EX Members get together once a year to meet in person and celebrate.

What's happening in Texas in 3 months?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I am unsure I just know it is in Texas. Do people really through there cigarettes on a bonfire because that is harming the planet. Can they do something else? Can we come up some different type of thing to do instead of that?

0 Kudos

Can we start a group to come up with a better celebration than that?

0 Kudos

To be clear, the bonfire and the cigarettes tossed in is a virtual celebration. No Ozone layer is damaged during this.

Jessica5999 wrote:

I am unsure I just know it is in Texas. Do people really through there cigarettes on a bonfire because that is harming the planet. Can they do something else? Can we come up some different type of thing to do instead of that?

I'm not sure where the Texas reference is coming from. There are EX Members getting together in 2020. They were deciding on a location to meet in this poll:   Texas was not on the list to my knowledge.  Virginia Beach is fairly close to you.

A Bonfire is a virtual event. /blogs/ShawnP-blog/2016/12/19/bonfire-new-years-weekend  explains how it works. NO actual cigarettes are thrown on a bonfire. It's symbolic of what a person didn't smoke because they quit. They count their cigarettes from the time they quit until the bonfire happens and then toss those imaginary unsmoked cigarettes on the imaginary bonfire in celebration of that time being a non-smoker.  No pollution happens as the result of bonfires.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team