cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Nic mints

Since I went 22 days without any dip or any kind of tobacco and I have been using the nic mints as my life support.

My question is how soon should I try and wean myself off of them. I still use them alot but was wondering when should I wean myself off of them.

I can go to about 2 to 3 hours between mints but was thinking how long should I use them till I wean myself off of them.

It all may be in my head.but,I also don't want to use the mints any longer then neccesary.

Yes,I have read some of the threads but I haven't found a answer close enough to satisfy my conscience.

The goods days are starting to come closer together and I am feeling more confident about life in general.besides being hungry all the time and tired but I noticed I feel more energetic longer.but now that fall/winter is here . The early dark messes with me anyways.

Seriously.it seems when I have a question or something is bugging me. A thread seems to appear at the right moment.

Yes,my wife smokes and so far it really hasn't set any major triggers off. Just can't stand the smell.

Thanks again for all the support and quit stories and how you all stay ahead of the nic demon.

Ronwv dof 22

0 Kudos
13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

If you think you are ready, put the use of each mint off for a bit...and get busy doing something to keep your mind occupied.  You will naturally cut back that way - then work to go longer and longer in between.  You might substitute a regular mint of the same flavor every once in awhile, and then increase the number of those you use.  Weaning yourself down is the easier route - and if it gets to the point where it's a nic mint or another form of tobacco, pick the mint!!

You don't want to just trade one addiction for another - but reducing the nicotine over time is the best way to get past it.

Good that you are thinking about it, though!  Congratulations on 22 days without tobacco!

Nancy

Cousin-Itt

cRonwv‌ First let me say congrats on 22 days of not using tobacco.   I know that nico mints come in a 2mg and a 4mg dose can or are you taking the lower dose? I just read a article from Verywell mind that I believe may answer your question and concerns. I have listed the website and article title below I do hope it helps

What You Need to Know About Nicotine Lozenges

YoungAtHeart

The link didn't work for me.  Let's try this one:  What You Need to Know About Nicotine Lozenges 

Cousin-Itt

That's the article I have no idea why the link didn't work but thank you for your help

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cousin-Itt‌ Sometimes copying and pasting things from other places can have odd effects especially when there is hidden content.  I've fixed the links so they're clickable again.

EX Community Admin Team
Cousin-Itt

Thank you

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I know they recommend 2 months for the patch, and I would think the same for lozenges. Are you still on 4 mg.? Maybe when You get to 30 days, you can step down to 2 mg. As long as you are staying aware to not over do it, I think you'll be fine.

Connie

0 Kudos
Barbara145

The risk of getting addicted to NRT's is only around 3%.

YoungAtHeart

I found this about long term use of nicotine:  What to Do If You're Addicted to Nicotine Gum .  Better free than sorry!  jmho

Quitting smoking, though, needs to be your #1 priority.  Thinking about getting off the mints is a good idea, but don't lose your quit by doing so!!