cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

National Smoke-out Day

Today American Cancer is asking everyone to quit for the day. One day leads to another and before too long you are a non-smoker. For all you wonderful “quitters” Great Job. Be proud it wasn’t easy!!  But we did it!  If you’re still on the fence about quitting, try it today.  Who knows you might become a real “quitter” too!!!!

7 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Barb Barb102 so glad when I see a post from you...I wondered when National smoke out day was in November...how cool that we are already quit and this day was a good day...we are doing it...Whoo Hoo...

Have a great Thursday evening...~ Colleen 353 DOF 

Sootie

WOW! I did NOT know it was today. When I smoked..... I HATED this day....just HATED it. Because all the non smokers in my life would say...."Why don't you quit..... or at least, don't smoke just for today." I always thought to myself....HOW STUPID! If I could "just quit" or "not smoke for a day" why would I be smoking??? It would seriously make me smoke more in defiance (how intelligent...right?).

HOW FANTASTIC that here it si...National Smoke Out Day------and I no longer have to HATE it!!! I'm free and so are you!!

YAY US!!!!

Barb102

So true Sootie. People would drive me crazy. I think that’s why those quits didn’t work. You have to stop for yourself.  It has to be when you are ready and after you put in the work it takes to help you quit and stay quit. So glad we did it NOPE

0 Kudos
vanlil

Thank You Barb for posting my days of quitting cigs.  '"Time" flies by.

Lillian

0 Kudos
DavesTime

I didn't know it was today, either.  I don't think they publicize the Smoke-Out Day like they used to.  I did try to quit once or twice on this day, but that was probably fifteen or more years ago.  In more recent years I felt bit rebellious on this day as I stepped up to the counter to buy my cigs and then exercised my "freedom" to smoke.  Stupid, addict thinking.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Thanks Barb.  To be honest, I always totally ignored it.

Barb

Barbara145

I ignored it too.  I didn't think I could quit.  I had tried many times.  Hope you are doing well.  Happy Thanksgiving.