cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Patvette

Help

I have been taking chantex for 3 1/2 weeks I have been smoke free for 16 days. The other day I woke up and my mouth hurt. I do not have a dry mouth but everything taste like metal or no taste I feel like my tongue is numb and around my lips on the inside hurts. I read chantex warnings it says if you get mouth blisters stop using it. I don’t want to stop I am afraid I will smoke again but my mouth really hurts. I have taken chantex before with no indication of an allergic reaction.   Help I don’t know what to do.  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

The first thing that is in order is a visit to the doctor that prescribed the Chantix.

Worst case scenario is that you will need to stop taking it - but don't be so frightened.  The nicotine is out of your body by now, so it's just your body adjusting to life without it for about another 10 days, and then dealing with the associations and triggers.  You can deal with those by staying busy and changing up your daily routines to lessen connections with smoking.  For example, get right up after meals and start the clean-up, take a different route to your normal travel places, get a crossword book, jigsaw puzzle or adult coloring book to help keep your mind occupied.

The first two weeks of a quit are the most difficult - and you've about GOT them. 

Do call your doctor!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Patvette

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sootie

Nancy is correct. Mouth blisters are NO FUN! Go to the doctor who prescribed the Chantix before that happens! We are here. Reach out if you need support. You CAN do this...we all did and we are no different from you.

Stay Strong.

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s Patvette see your Doctor that prescribed the Chantix....and keep close to the support site for help ... and keep us posted on what they say to you...~ Colleen 353 DOF 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your 18  days smoke free.  Have you spoken to anyone about the Chantix?  Please let us know how you're doing.

Barb

0 Kudos
Patvette

Well I never called my doctor I work a lot of hours but the problem is not going away. I guess next week I have to try and make time.  I still don’t smoke and I cut the chantex in half.  This is so hard. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

MAKE the time.  Does your doc do e-mail?  Since it's a refill you are seeking, you might be able to get that with either a phone call to the nurse or an e-mail?  You might even ask the pharmacy to call to see if they will refill it ......try those ideas first!

Hoping you can get it solved ASAP!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I've heard of folks reducing the Chantix, but please don't let it drag on too long.

Barb

0 Kudos