cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Something I learned at EX - Why

I'm closing in on a year of being quit. I'm right proud of that. I have been thinking about what really has made this quit successful. Something I look back on is the why. Why do I want just one? Why would I ever light it up knowing that it would be the beginning of me smoking again? 

No matter what, I always sought out the why. Every urge that was tempting me to light up, I'd think about why I wanted to do that. And the reality is that every reason why I could have given could be turned around with the reality that there is no good reason why. 

People here used the word "why" with me and they made me think. There wasn't a reasonable, logical, or sensible why to be found. 

As Alan Carr kept telling us in his book, there is no reason to smoke. And that is why. That is why I don't smoke. 

As for why I would ever smoke again... there isn't one.

Donna

Day 338

2 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Donna DonnaMarie You worked hard for your quit...and shared much for all of us to stay on the straight and narrow...Thank you for sharing and helping along your journey...Happy Wednesday dear lady...~ Colleen 352 DOF 

Almost an elder!! Keep it up!