cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

2019steph

What were your experiences after NRTs?

Should I be worried about withdrawal symptoms after finishing patches? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
sweetplt

Hi 2019steph I didn’t use NRT’s ...and I hope someone who did will answer your question...but yes I think you still have withdrawal after NRT’s, from what I seen here at Ex’s...just maybe not as bad as cold turkey...eventually the nicotine has to come out of your body and that usually causes some withdrawal symptoms...keep in mind they don’t last forever...Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 351 DOF 

Barbscloud

I've used different NRT and really didn't have problem.  If you wean yourself down it won't be as noticeable.

Barb

2019steph

Great, I'm starting at 14 and going down to 7 mg after two weeks.

Loretta39410

Hi I am on 14mg patches been on them 2 weeks. I really dont think you should go to 7mg after 2 weeks. I smoked since I was 16 quit here and there, but I know I need a couple more weeks then go down. Dont go to fast...Good Luck on being smoke free.

2019steph

Thank you! I'm gonna try the 7 mg when I took out of these and if it's too risky then I'll go buy more 14's. I figure if I can successfully drop the mg then why not? But if it's too much to soon then I'll get back up there a couple more weeks!

Gwenivere

You might find hat is too quick with the patches.  If you read the instructions starting from 14, they say use it longer before stepping down.  The weeks add up to the same as if you started at 21.  You can be the judge but there isn’t a need to rush it unless that is your choice.  Wishing you the best on it.  I went even longer on the patches because I wanted to make sure I could get away from the hand to mouth triggers.  My doc said whatever it takes, just no smoke!  I use lozenges now for tough times.  Never the whole thing at once even on the low 2mg.  Just enough to get me thru and times in between are lengthening.

2019steph

Good idea on the lozenges.

0 Kudos
Loretta39410

The patches worked for me when i went down on the patch To be honest i felt no change. Went off and i was smoke free for 4 1/2 years. Until i tried a cigarette to see if what it would do and it did nothing so i started again STUPIDITY on my part. I really stress do the patch the way they say and never fire up again. Good Luck on your journey we're in this together.

0 Kudos