cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kamdec96

I need advice on quitting my Juul when I have anxiety

I have really bad anxiety and stress, and I use my Juul as a way to calm down. I have my start date of quitting is not for 2 weeks, but I am worried that my anxiety is going to cause me to fail once I start. Is there any advice someone can give me to help with this?

4 Replies
Loretta39410

Hi I also suffer anxiety I never vaped but I would assume you still got the nicotine from the vape.

I am using the 14 mg patch for one more week then going down to 7mg. You could talk to your Dr about the patch or anxiety meds. I know I could not go cold turkey I needed this little push. Let me know what happens.

DonnaMarie

Talk to your doctor about a potential medication to help. I quit for 8 years the last time I quit; I used Xanax to get me started.

This time, I did it cold turkey and had tons of stressful moments that somehow I was able to work through. I think I came here and moaned, groaned, b*'d, and complained when I needed to. And I slept a lot. A lot. 

Prep yourself however you can. If you're still vaping, you're still in the clutches of nicotine. I suspect you're going to do just fine.

Donna

Day 338

MartyO

I was a smoker turned Juuler who gets pretty anxious.

I found the longer I thought about/prepared for my quit date, the more stressed I became.  

I became so anxious thinking about the quit that I moved my quit day up several weeks.  I had to. It was driving me crazy.  

******I honestly found that the prep for quit build up was WORSE than the actual quit.  

The stress of thinking about it was WAYYYYYY worse than the actual doing.  

I would say STOP vaping as soon as possible.  

SUGGESTION:  I kept my Juul and an empty pod (threw away charger).  I still some 23 days later puff on the UNCHARGED EMPTY Juul.  It's a nice crutch to hold in my hand and normalizes life for me.  

GOOD LUCK!! YOU GOT THIS!~

-marty

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.   I know we believe nicotine relieves our stress, but actually it creates more.  There is a temporary affect because the boost of dopamine when we administer the nicotine, but it wear off quickly, so we need more.  That's the addiction.   Read about nicotine addiction so you understand the journey and how to prepare for each step along the way.  And creating a quit plan is very helpful.My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX   Are you going to use NRT, medication or quit cold turkey?

We have much in common, but we're all different.  Having a quit date worked for me, but for other's that may not be the best choice.  Do whats right for you.  We're here to support you, so just reach out.

Barb