cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

2019steph

Scatter brain

I'm using 14 mg patch, which is fine because I smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day. But my mind is all over the place I can't even concentrate. Even know where to start anyting. My cousin went into labor. And that's high stress, because she is a junkie but although she has been clean for a couple of weeks. They're completely unprepared and have nothing for the baby oh, so I'm having a hard time concentrating.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sweetplt

I didn’t use NRT’s so that could be contributing...however, scatter brain is a side effect of the quit...honestly I felt in a fog for about a month, but the first couple days the worse...sometimes just knowing this helps you to try and focus on the task at hand...as far as the cousin...sorry about her addiction, but smoking would not help her or the baby...do you are doing good...~ Colleen 350 DOF 

0 Kudos
2019steph

Yeah I don't wanna smoke but I wish I could get my mind straight I have much to lol. 

2019steph

Too much to do to sort out 

YoungAtHeart

I hope you have done at least some of the reading I recommended so you understand what your body (and mind) are going through right now.

I suggest you start to make lists - lots and lots of lists.  Break it down into doable chunks....like Do This Morning, Do Today, Do This Week.  Then prioritize the things on each one into the most important, less so, etc.  That way you can keep a road map, and give yourself praise as you cross some things off.

Tough situation - but smoking will not do one thing to make it easier.  It might help the brain fog for a brief time, until the anxiousness from needing your next fix kicks in, and kicks in again, and again.......

Think, too, about the money you will be saving that you can use to help your cousin.  I am sure you will need every penny!

Hang tough!

Nancy

2019steph

I've read some, I got the Allen Carr book but I have so much homework so of the time it's hard to read extra!!

0 Kudos
2019steph

Thank you. Good suggestion help me keep things in order until I'm back together.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Lack of concentration at first is very common.  That's why it is so helpful to read about nicotine addiction on this site or elsewhere.  Knowing what to expect can be a powerful tool.   I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, but don't let that deter you from your commitment to being a non-smoker.  Smoking won't help her and certainly won't help you.    Continue to stay close right now and get support as needed.  We're here for you and want you to be successful.

Barb

2019steph

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

0 Kudos