cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Good morning Fam, Update

Less than a week ago, I had the worst phys, mental, emo, day.  I was having hot flashes, cold sweats, panic attacks.  I felt that I was losing my mind.  I had my grandbabies call 911 for me.  I spent a hideous 24 hrs in the hospital.  They couldn't find anything wrong with me.  I took my bp, pain and joint meds.  I had no had a cigar or cigarette in over 72 hours.  I called my higher power: luckily, I wasn't put on hold I finally was sick of being sick and tired. If the fear of repeating that day is enough to keep me nicotine free, so be it.  Thanks for being there for me Fam.

12 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS 3 DAYS - WAY TO GO - YAHOOOOOOOOOOO - GOOD JOB

0 Kudos

Thank you

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

If you are not using an NRT, the nicotine should  be pretty much out of your system.  Now, your body needs to adjust to life without it for the next couple of weeks.  Then, it's just the psychological triggers and associations you will need to deal with.  Changing up your routines and staying busy and your mind occupied will help with those.

Keep going.  It will get easier and easier as time passes.

Nancy

0 Kudos

Thank you

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Wow, withdrawal can be difficult, but sound like you had a pretty severe case.  I hope anything else was ruled out.  Big congrats on decision to quit and those 72 hours will take you far on this journey.   

Barb

0 Kudos

Thank you Barbscloud, I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Many congrats on your quit. I hope things will begin to ease up for you a bit now. Stay near the site and blog ANYTIME. Someones always around to help you through difficult times. Congrats on 3 days!

0 Kudos

Thank you Mandolinrain, by the by, I love that Bruce Hornsby song

Mandolinrain

Has been fav song for years  A friend nicknamed me 'Mandolinrain' when I began playing Mandolin some years ago

0 Kudos