cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Raineyapril

Why am I sleeping so much at 43 days of cessation?

Today is day 43, and I am having problems waking up.  I go to bed early - about 9:30 every night.  My alarm goes off at 6:00 am and I push snooze for 30 minutes and I never used to do that.  I quit smoking cold turkey, so I haven't used any NRTs.  Does anyone else have this issue and when does it go away?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Your body is doing a lot of work in the background to heal itself from the damage done by smoking - so it needs some extra TLC for awhile  Your sleep pattern should normalize as you get further along.  If it doesn't, you might want to check with your doctor.  Our body chemistry gets all screwed up from nicotine and the other chemicals; smoking  might have masked something else going on.

Do give yourself whatever is needed right now!

Nancy

sweetplt

I was like you...very tired...and I just made sure I got my rest, but during the day I made sure I exercised and walked so that I would get my pulse rate up...Like Nancy said above me...”Give yourself whatever is needed right now” your body is healing ... Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 348 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on you 43 days.  We're all different--I had to stay busy and other's need to sleep.  Get all the rest you need now while you're body is healing.

Barb

jonimarie

Raineyapril I was very much the same. I did not fight it as I figured my body needed it. You will gradually get more energy. Be patient with yourself. To get to 44 days takes a lot of work and you are doing it!

Barbara145

Cigarette smoking disturbs our sleep.  Maybe you are getting back to your normal.