cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rutlandvt

Allen Carr's book

I read his book in two settings and immediately began reading it again.   All of his advice and info is truly mind awakening.  If I had only seen this years ago I wouldn't be struggling today with this crippling addiction.   Today is day 24  (although I am taking Chantix)   without me feeding the little nicotine animal that will be in me forever.   I have just put him into hibernation, as he is immortal.    The first time I give him one bite of nicotine he will awaken with the sole purpose of killing me quickly before any other form of natural or unnatural death has it's fair shot at me.    How could I ever have been so ignorant of the beasts intentions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

ALL of us were victims of being unknowing slaves to this addiction.  The good news is that we have and are breaking free.   Cool, isn't that?  Happy you are reading the Carr book.  It allows us to see our addiction for what it is and I think that's an important step in becoming free of it.

One day at a time!

Nancy

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi rutlandvt don’t be so hard on You...we are/were all addicts...and the cycle is vicious...I have never read Allen Carr’s book, but it has helped so many quit on Ex’s...I am so happy you are joining the journey...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 347 DOF ~ 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 24 days smoke free.  Look forward and be proud of your accomplishment.  

Barb

0 Kudos