cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

The first vape user to receive a double-lung transplant in the US was identified Tuesday as a 17-year-old former high-school athlete

First vaper to get double-lung transplant is teen former athlete 

If this press announcement saves just one person, prevents others from vaping or inspires someone addicted to take steps to quit, it is surely a step in the right direction,” the statement said.

4 Replies
sweetplt

If they live long enough, they will have a hard life of anti rejection medicines, and will have to be careful about everything...tough all the way around...and sad...

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Even AFTER the transplant, life expectancy is only expected to be about 7 years....they hope longer because of his age and the fact he was an athlete.

SO D@MN SAD.

ChandrikaC

That is absolutely terrifying. I tried to quit smoking in May by switching to the Juul and it was so easy. Why? because I just switched one addiction for another. I mean I was still smoking cigs, but about 1/10 of what I was smoking previously. Then I decided to keep smoking cigs and smoke the Juul only when I was indoors. What happened? I became even more addicted to nicotine because I was probably smoking 150% more than what I previously smoked.

This is not an effective quit strategy and we are unable to truly appreciate the dangers of vaping just yet. When stories like this started surfacing a couple months back, I decided it was time to quit everything altogether. I hope it can impact others' lives like it did for me. Although I am only at 24 days smoke-free, I intend to make this quit STICK!

WhispersQSMB

Vaping is fairly new, and there are a lot of people that don't understand, Vaping dehydrates your mouth as well. As years go on there will be oral issues as well. This is terrible for this kid, but when we inhale anything outside of oxygen it cant be good, can it? Just trying to spread the word