cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

Vaping is just as bad for your heart as smoking cigarettes as researchers warn e-cigarettes are NOT safer than tobacco

• Public Health England claims e-cigarettes '95% safer than traditional tobacco'
  • But US research has found they reduce heart's blood flow as much as cigarettes 
  • Also trigger changes in cholesterol and glucose levels linked to deadly condition

Vaping is just as dangerous for your heart as smoking cigarettes, researchers warn | Daily Mail Onli... 

US is warning the people not to smoke ciggs and not to vape . England is telling their people it's(vaping) 95% safer.

Addiction to nicotine... 

I choked when i was vaping, my friends choke while vaping still.

N O P E for me

Labels (1)
50 Replies
ClearColors

Thank you for the information.  My daughter speaks of her college friends vaping.  I have not met these people yet.  

YoungAtHeart

I hope the wave of recent vaping illnesses and deaths will cause all who are doing it to rethink it.    Perhaps we should have been forewarned by the story of tobacco cigarettes?!  Our lungs were designed for AIR - nothing more; nothing less.  Common sense - but then the addiction took over - yet again!

Shame!

Barbscloud

WhispersQSMB

They are still feeding the nicotine beast, they didn't quit nicotine. I live in US and follow our policies here, people ignored the warning with ciggs and history is repeating. All England is doing is helping Deliver the Nicotine Barbscloud

quit4eva

I'm new here but this site encourages the use of E-cigarettes? Confused 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

quit4eva wrote:

I'm new here but this site encourages the use of E-cigarettes? Confused 

Nope we don't encourage use of E-Cigarettes.  The information is constantly changing.  In the scheme of things vaping has been around far less than smoking.  

Here is the latest information we've pulled together: Truth Initiative | E-Cigarettes Facts Stats and Regulations  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
quit4eva

Thank you, when i saw the link about vaping helped 50,000 i was confused about the site. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

It's great that everyone here is perfect.  You have beat the nicotine beast!  OMG  We're human.  We're addicted to many things including  food, gambling, exercise, etc. -  you name it. This doesn't  sound very open minded.  I know some of you on this site "know"  everything or is it opinion.?  It's  about science.  I'm addicted to nicotine, but did you read the article.   I'm not defending it, but most cases in the US have been attributed to THC bought on the street.  

Marketing of e-cigarettes is more tightly regulated in the UK than in the United States and the UK, unlike the US, has a cap on the level of nicotine in vaping products.
"England seems to have found a sensible balance between regulation and promotion of e-cigarettes," said Emma Beard, the lead author of the study, in a press release.
"Marketing is tightly controlled so we are seeing very little use of e-cigarettes by never-smokers of any age while millions of smokers are using them to try to stop smoking or to cut down the amount they smoke," she said.