cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nanna1961

Any information on exsmokers flu?

I've been sick for 3 weeks, quit smoking 6 days ago, but I'm still sick with head congestion and sometimes feverish. Help?

5 Replies
indingrl

Welcome - Please and thank YOU - to go to YOUR professional doctor - please take care of YOU

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

First of all welcome to Ex and congrats on your 6 days  smoke free.  You were sick before you quit?  Please consult with your doctor.  We're here to give you support on your quit, but we're not medical personnel.  Please get back to us and let us know what is happening.

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

If you were sick BEFORE you quit, I think it's just a coincidence that you were sick after you quit.  Sounds like the regular old flu to me.  I agree a call to your doctor is in order - three weeks is a long time to still be sick.

Nancy

0 Kudos
avian3

Contact your doctor. When this has happened to me, it was usually a sinus infection.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...Nanna1961 We are not medical professionals, please contact your Doctor...there is much to be sad after quitting smoking with a smokers flu...I got a sinus and upper respiratory infection when I quit smoking...I was sick a good 2 months and had to have Doctor prescribe a lot of meds...please see your Doctor, and post how you are doing...~ Gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen 341 DOF