cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Met a new quitter

I meant to share this a couple days ago. Forgot, but here I am now. 

I had to stop at a store to grab a soda. I almost didn't stop because I was having one of those flubbed up urges and had to literally say to myself, "You are not buying a pack of Winston 100s!" I got the drink and a snack and went to the counter. I have a 7-11 card that collects points and mentioned to her that I never use it because I quit smoking and the only thing it was good for was a discount on smokes. She told me she quit a couple days ago for health reasons and we started talking about what helped me with my quit. 

In the conversation, I mentioned cinnamon sticks, which really were my savior. I told her that almost a year later, I keep a jar of them in the car. She thanked me for the conversation and I headed to the car. In the pocket of my door was a bottle of cinnamon sticks and I grabbed it, went inside, handed it to the young lady, and told her I didn't need them any longer.

I'm not sure if I helped her at all, but I sure felt good when I left. And no, I don't need them anymore. 

Happy Friday night!

Donna

Day 324

14 Replies
Roj

What a thoughtful thing to do...you may have saved a life tonight...kudos

Maddie980

Where do you find your cinnamon sticks, or do you use cinnamon toothpicks?

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

cinnamon.JPG

I buy them in the spice section of any grocery store. Most spice companies sell them. 

They saved my butt more than once!

Donna

Jennifer-Quit

Hey Donna - Nice to see you!  WTG - by helping others, we help ourselves.  Good job!

DonnaMarie

I come and go, but will never leave.

indingrl

Wow that is so cool - thanks for sharing an encouraging story - GOOD JOB DONNA!

very good!

sweetplt

Hi DonnaMarie it is good to see you...Congratulations on 324 days quit...soon we both will be celebrating our 1 year milestone...how great that will be for both of us...Donna you just touched a person’s heart and may have saved them from continuing this cycle of addiction...what a thoughtful and nice thing ... inspiring to all of us...Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 341 DOF 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

How cool that we're both still here and still quit. I wouldn't have believed it a year ago!

Donna

Day 327