Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

How Juul created a new generation of nicotine addicts

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

...and does ANYONE see the similarities with cigarette smoking?

Gosh - do ya' THINK somebody would have learned a lesson???!!!

Nah - the only lesson to be learned has to do with the  lining of the pockets - and they surely HAVE learned how to do that.

Shame!

WhispersQSMB

See what they did there, from leaves W/nicotine to liquid w/nicotine

ClearColors

Juuls buried the news, blatantly disregarding the information.

Agreeing with YoungAtHeart‌  follow the money.

sweetplt

Thank you for sharing WhispersQSMB all done in the name of big business making money...awful...

YoungAtHeart

Juul is the biggest selling vape product. "On December 20, 2018, Altria, one of the world's largest cigarette manufacturers, bought 35% of Juul for $12.8 billion. ... According to Wells Fargo, the deal valued Juul Labs at $38 billion. At the time, Juul had an annual revenue of about $2 billion."

And there is THIS:  "Altria Group is a Fortune 200 company that owns several of the largest cigarette companies in the US, including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, and John Middleton. The company's tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste."

Seems they pretty much have the nicotine addiction market covered.  And created a whole NEW generation of addicts to fill their coffers.

Shame!  I really do wonder how these corporate executives sleep at night.  I guess if they have too much trouble, they just walk down to their private beach, or go for a cruise on their staffed yacht, or fly to Europe to their villa in Cannes.  I STILL wonder, though, how they sleep at night.  Money can't buy integrity.

indingrl

Thanks for sharing it is written.....norhing new under the sun... The Bottom line - FREE WILL - CHOICES - each child - adult child- each HUMAN - young OR old OR teen  - ALL humans - PERSONAL CHOICES - just the FACTS - I am RESPONSIBLE for MY CHOICES - regardless of society's creators of - mind alterating substances from coffee to chocolate and ALL in between - NO inventor OR other human - MADE ME DO IT - just SHARING - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - ALL mind mood altetnating escaping - MY inability to grow up and be responsible to and for MYSELF - it is too much work - I wanted an easier softer way.- I was ALREADY in hell since the day I came out of MY mother's womb - to escape MY HELL - I chose any kind of escape and to this day society is still improving those it's  - drugs - prescribed by doctor or drug dealers on the street - mixing their escaping THROUGH - ALCOHOL - puff daddy- aka Sean Combs -  created - HIS vodka - advertised on the Ellen show - he drank shots of it and she drank shots of water and everyone laughed  - it NEW improved better more smooth vodka he created to get YOUR brain cells DEAD quicker - they didnt think of teens watching the show or children and I never thought of anyone either - I just kept USING - the offers are still coming in TODAY 2019  - pot laced with better potent drugs now flavored liquid nicotine which - EVERYONE knew NICOTINE causes CANCER - CHOICES to BELIEVE -  what I want so -  I give MYSELF - an excuse to drink coffee all day -  to stay skinny -  yet I know the FACTS - I give up being responsible for just ME -  at all costs - to be acceptable in today's society - SKINNY acceptable and popular SKINNY - its the it of ALL it's  - escaping thru caffine OR I could CHOOSE to LEARN to eat healthy and talk about MY feelings- grow up yet -  that is too much work and too much PAIN for ME  - so I CHOOSE -  MY excuse - BECAUSE I want the BUZZ -  I get from caffine - shots of espresso- next someone will create - packets of liquid CAFFEINE that you suck on -  to get a quicker RUSH - hmmmmm flavored CAFFEINE packets tiny and cute yet - deadly - over dose - hmmmmm sounds like a money maker - chocolate flavored caffine - OH WAIT THEY ALREADY HAVE THAT - RED BULL and the next craze to - MIXED IT WITH ALCOHOL AND GET A FULL BLOWN HEART AND BRAIN RUSH ATTACK - hmmmm - Wasn't it Brittany Spears who CHOOSE and ended up in ER with red bull and alcohol n doctor prescribed pills in her CHOICE and overdosed herself - CHOICES -  it is wriiten .... Nothing new under the sun...... Since the beginning of time -  humans killing humans -  to make a buck then and TODAY to make - billions in 2019 - entrepreneur's -  is their title- CHOICES - no one can blame anyone in the end - I CHOSE NO ONE MADE ME CHOOSE  - thanks for letting ME SHARE- gentle hug

0 Kudos
WhispersQSMB

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/whats-in-an-e-cigarette.html 

What's in an E-Cigarette?

E-cigarettes, aka JUULs and vape pens, use a battery to heat up a special liquid into an aerosol that users inhale. It's not just harmless water vapor. The "e-juice" that fills the cartridges usually contains nicotine (which is extracted from tobacco), propylene glycol, flavorings and other chemicals. Studies have found that even e-cigarettes claiming to be nicotine-free contain trace amounts of nicotine. Additionally, when the e-liquid heats up, more toxic chemicals are formed.

Because the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not begun its review of any e-cigarette or its ingredients, nor has FDA issued any standards on the products, e-cigarette composition and effects vary. What researchers do know is that these toxic chemicals and metals have all been found in e-cigarettes: 

• Nicotine – a highly addictive substance that negatively affects adolescent brain development
  • Propylene glycol – a common additive in food; also used to make things like antifreeze, paint solvent, and artificial smoke in fog machines
  • Carcinogens- chemicals known to cause cancer, including acetaldehyde and formaldehyde
  • Acrolein – a herbicide primarily used to kill weeds, can cause irreversible lung damage
  • Diacetyl – a chemical linked to a lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans aka "popcorn lung"
  • Diethylene glycol – a toxic chemical used in antifreeze that is linked to lung disease
  • Heavy metals such as nickel, tin, lead
  • Cadmium – a toxic metal found in traditional cigarettes that causes breathing problems and disease
  • Benzene – a volatile organic compound (VOC) found in car exhaust
  • Ultrafine particles that can be inhaled deep into the lungs