cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sammy838

Oooooh that smell

WOW since the quit its amazing how you can smell things again good and bad unfortunately 

Since my quit 25 days now wahooo!! been taking my bike out to get some exercise and expel the left over crap from smoking, I used to ride with my kids years ago but not much any more since my son moved to Fla.(following a girl)and my other son just joined the army and is graduating for basic and AIT in Dec.so after several years of not riding it took some getting used to again but its so much better now that I can smell everything that's around anymore going thru the parks and the smell of the trees and the flowers the green grass is just so much better 

Was going thru the park today and women just walking the paths, I could smell the perfume before I even seen them with the crisp cool fall air I spent most of the day ridding around enjoying the smells and tasting new foods all over again I'm really starting to enjoy this quit

6 Replies
Roj

What a wonderful description...I was riding that bike right there with you...congrats on 25 dof...

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Life IS grand when we don't smoke!  Glad that extra money in your pocket didn't weigh you down too much!

0 Kudos
Sammy838

Yes it is gotta enjoy the good days

but not about the money I made my own smokes so the cost was cheap more about the health factor

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

That's great.  Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Barb

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

YES I get that, totally. I still really enjoy the sudden wonderful smells.  And now I really need to get a bike.

0 Kudos
aboyd63

Congratulations  on your 26 days of quit. I'm enjoying  the new smells  also. Thank you for the bike ride. Haha