cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Day 4

Every day I wake up feeling better and better and the waves of cravings hit less and less.just still trying to figure out if I am hungry or still craving.been drinking water and try eating something small about every 3 hours.

Last night,seemed like my mind wouldn't shut down.i use the nrt mints but I only used 3 yesterdAy. So ,I think I am on the right track.i still absently run my hands in my pockets looking for my can of snuff that is not there.I just figured out that I need candy for the mouth,cause I keep wanting to search for the dip dirt in my gums and that stirs up a trigger and cravings.

I really have to pay attention for when my fire tones go off. I use to put a dip in to handle the stress. Learning to control that craving. But,one craving at a time.

I know the fight is still early but,I am feeling better physically and each cravings and triggers are getting less or I am gaining better control.

I don't know why I always fail my earlier attempts to quit but so far this hasn't been too bad. Maybe cause I have better educated my self or changed my quit attitude.

I don't know how this site knows when I am having a down moment but when I see text from the automatic text. It seems to know what I am feeling at the moment and of course it gives me a link to what I need to read at the moment.

I like reading the dAily pledges cause I see the support and what is coming in days ahead of the quit. Nothing like getting prepared.

Time to face the day and fight the good fight.

12 Replies
sweetplt

You are fighting it...which makes you stronger and nico weaker...it is good you are posted your progress....hang tough and get through hell week...Whoo hoo to Day 4....Happy Saturday ~ Colleen 334 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

It might help to find a new way to cope with the fire tones.  Maybe slow/deep breaths?  Maybe march in place for a minute or two?  Maybe do a few push-ups?  Part of this journey is relearning life without the auto-pilot response of a nicotine hit.

You also might try eating 6 smaller meals - each consisting of a bit of protein and a fruit or veggie.  It can be as simple as a handful of nuts and an apple, or an energy bar and some carrot sticks.That will help to keep yoru blood sugar level more even and help control any hunger you might be dealing with when your blood sugar drops.

Happy to hear you feeling it getting a bit easier.  It will continue to do so!

Nancy

elvan

I think it is so cool that the supportive text messages seem to arrive right when you need them most.  I spent so much time on here when I quit that I probably would never have noticed.  Sounds like you are doing well, it DOES get easier but it takes time.  I must be missing something with the fire tones...our smoke alarm kept chirping and then it went off and I have TERRIBLE ringing in my ears ALL the time but the volume is now so loud that I can't hear anything..I never noticed how many people mumble or turn their heads away when they talk.  My children are the WORST so I am always saying, "what? huh?"

Ellen

0 Kudos
Ronwv

Sorry for not totally inform you.I belong to a volley fire Dept and my radio/phone goes off and then I am rushing out the door to do what needs done.

When they go off the first thing I do is automatically reach for the missing snuff. I know it's a mind set of doing something for so long.

elvan

WOW, thanks for being a volunteer fire fighter, that is a HUGE job with a HUGE responsibility and not often enough thanks or recognition.  I was an RN for many years and I remember the alerts for codes at different hospitals and they used to make me jump out of my skin...still do to a point.  

Sounds like you really are doing great.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

This is the good fight and its great your part of it. Glad you are with us! Stay near the site  Congrats on 4 days!

0 Kudos
Barbara145

You are doing great.  Keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your continued success.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos
Swanbird

Good for you!  I’m right behind you by a day.  Glad you are feeling great.  I’m very tired and have a headache!  But couldn’t fall asleep last night.  Have you experienced any of this?

0 Kudos