cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Rough night .

Now I am into day 3 . yesterday was going great and then I hit the brick wall.. I just tried everything to clear my head. 

Yes,I walked,deep breath,and tried to stay focus.

I was so tired ,I couldn't concentrate at all.good thing it was hAlloween night and I was busy enough to remain awake.

Dang storm came through my area. First flooding and the. The winds. Up all night on the volley cutting trees.

Now going to do day 3 and hope I get done early..yesterdAy,was a emotional dAy for me and I am usually a hard headed person.

Enough complaining. So here I give my daily pledge of not using any nic. Today, tomorrow or forever.

This site has been a life savior during the mental crisis of my quit.Physical part,I am learning to deal with. It's the mental game that has me almost in years..but,I know it's the brain and nic messing with me and I just have to show who is boss.

ThAnk AgAin. Ronwv

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

YOU are the boss!  And YOU have been held enslaved long enough.  These first days are tough - no doubt about  it.  Get through them the best that you can.  Yell, pound a pillow, sleep, curse at the Heavens - whatever it takes.

It WILL get easier, I promise.

Nancy

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! You are doing this! You are right about this site - so be sure to stay close! 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Hope your feeling better today.  This definitely isn't easy, but you got this.   You experienced a stressful situation without smoking--that makes you the winner.

Barb

maryfreecig

Congratulations, you are getting this done one day at a time.

0 Kudos
Rotweiler2

Ron, I am so proud of you for hanging in there through a rough day and the worst part is almost over! NOPE - one day at a time and ... an urge lasts 3 minutes! Look at the timer on your phone and if that's you, pray through it. You can do 3 minutes at a time and one day at a time! Hang in there!

Lars

elvan

This is a journey and it takes TIME...the physical part was not that hard for me but the psychological part has been a real challenge.  NEXT time you get hit with a 3 minute crave...come here and let us know, perhaps someone will have the exact right words to say and tell you how to hang on.  No crave ever killed anyone but only a liar will say that about smoking.

You are really doing well.

Best,

Ellen