cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ronwv

Day 1 starts tomorrow.

I told myself the other day .when I am done with my last can of snuff. There is no turning back.

So,tomorrow Tues October 29. Is my new quit date and I have my emergency quit kit ready and my phone will be charged and ready to go.

Yes,I spent about a week reading just about everything I can find. To fight this addiction,triggers and the nasty withdrawals.

I have promised myself.to take my time and to walk away from any triggers or slippery excuses. I know is coming.

I will use this site to find the support and the encouragement to continue this fight.

I will admit it is going to be tough.but,I trying to maintain a positive attitude and go on as just another day.but nic free.

You guys and gals have been very supporting and the automative text has really helped me to get my head on straight.

Tomorrow is a new day and let the fight begin.

6 Replies
Roj

Congrats on preparing yourself and being ready for the 1st day of your new life...you got this!

sweetplt

Whoo hoo....Welcome to Day !...~ Colleen 330 DOF

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to your new day of freedom. 

Another good site to get info that was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Sure sounds liked you've prepared well and you're ready!   Stay positive.  Don't fight-accept your new way of life.

Barb

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to your day ONE, in a few hours, it will be a day WON!

Stay close to the site and keep going forward.

Ellen

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I can relate to your last can reference, in that I had a last carton and said the same thing...that that would be it. My last cigarette of that carton led me to my last day. I'd prepared to. 

It worked!!! 

Yes you can do this one day at a time. This is about relearning so please stay tethered to your plan and strengths.

0 Kudos