cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: Looking through some old pics :)

I'm kicking back this evening in my room scrolling through the pictures on my tablet Mark is watching TV relaxing in the living room we'll put lunch on for Mark's Mum after church tomorrow Mark's sister Wendy always joins we each bring something and always end up with a great meal and it's nice for their Mum her name is Muriel she decided to move into a retirement home awhile ago then she changed her mind and decided not to then changed her mind again so we'll be moving her on Thursday which is Halloween but it's the best day for Mark to take off, I think she's tired and it's getting cold plus she's almost 93 we're doing everything we can but we worry about her being alone and thankfully it's her choice and she'll only be a half hour away they have nurses right there too, I pray she'll like it there's so many pluses there's even a hair dresser and our Dr says he goes there, I've been quite concerned about her she's going to be in the same town as my Dad and younger sister which is nice  here's a collage I put together of some pics that I was looking through I hope you like them.... it feels good to kick back and it feels really good to deal with life on life's terms which is definitely the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the Gift of LIFE ......

20191026_202116-COLLAGE.jpg

12 Replies
elvan

SO GLAD that you are "kicking back" and thank you for sharing these wonderful memories with us.  You just brightened my evening.

Hugs,

Ellen

MarilynH

Thank you Ellen I find it really relaxing scrolling through the pictures and making the collages, I just figured out how to do it not that long ago. ♥

jonimarie

One of my favorite things is to putter around with my pictures on the computer.

I so remember my dad and two brothers cutting wood and us girls would have to unload it from the pickup and stack it.

Was a two day chore and all that wood would be gone by mid March. I miss that ole fireplace

MarilynH

I'd love to have a fireplace we've got a wood furnace in the basement my husband is planning to cut roughly three quarters of a cord tomorrow afternoon which will give us 3 cord of hardwood that we've bought and with the wood we'll hopefully get tomorrow will give us another 3 cord of softwood of the property which should do us into April, I'm not looking forward to Winter at all but I'll be helping Mark again tomorrow thanks Joni.. jonimarie

0 Kudos
Sootie

I'm not looking forward to Winter either Marilyn......but, we get what we get and we don't get upset............right? Glad you got some time to just relax. Also glad to hear people still do the Sunday get togethers. WE did that every Sunday that we could with my Mom and her sisters and all of us cousins while they were alive and to the best of our "spread out" ability.....we still try to do it often although not every Sunday. My sister and I still see each other every sunday if not before.....that way we always see each other at least once a week. It's a blessing to have your Mom into her 90's....I did also and I thnak God every day ( but I would still have wanted more!)

MarilynH

I'm very close to Muriel she's such a wonderful lady I lost my Mum almost 8 years ago she just turned 72, I believe we're ready for Winter here once we get the last of the wood cut and in today thanks Sootie.  ♥

0 Kudos
indingrl

BEAUTIFUL

sweetplt

Ah Marilyn MarilynH after the week you have had, I am so happy, you got some down time in your room.  I love the pictures you share, they always put a smile on my face.  I hope all works out for Marks mom...my folks made the decision a few years ago to go to a retirement/nursing home and honestly, it has been the best thing...Happy Sunday ~ Colleen 328 DOF 

0 Kudos
Christine13

Oh good, you finally got some quiet time!  I love the collage.  Love seeing pic's of your family!

I'm glad Mark's Mom will be making the move.  Good she's in the same town as your Dad and little sis.

Sunday get togethers are great!!  It's nice that it's like a pot luck.

xo