cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sjones0440

HEY THERE

Hi, 

In 15 minutes I will have reached 47 hours without smoking. It's really hard!! I am taking Chantix but it only helps sometimes. Can anyone give advice on day to tips, specifically in stressful situations? I have bad teeth and people keep suggesting candy but it hurts if i eat too much. i am already overweight and all i want to do is eat! 

Also, is there anyway to get responses as a text message? or do i have to keep the web page up?

Thank you,

Stacy 

34 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX, thank you for posting. Congratulations on 47 hours.  The first hours are the hardest.  It will get better with the commitment not to ever smoke again.  Once you get that in your mind that you are not going to touch them it will get easier. I used Welbutrin which is only helped take the edge off to make it easier to transition from smoking to not smoking.  How long have you be taking the Chantix?  It really takes time for it to get into your system.  If you are already overweight it is best that you avoid the sweets as much as possible.  Fruit and fresh vegetables are good. If you would drink lots of water that will also help.  The main thing is to not smoke no matter what.  That comes with educating yourself about your addiction.  If you hang around we will help you develop the tools you need to succeed.  Welcome. 

sjones0440

Hi, I have been taking the Chantix for 15 days. the water hasn't been a problem, am i supposed to be thirsty ALL the time? and is the chantix or the not smoking supposed to make me feel sick? I am still learning to navigate the website. thank you for responding!

0 Kudos
Thovis

Hi sjones0440‌   Make sure you eat before taking chantix and drink a full cup of water with it.  If it still makes you sick, cut them in half and half dose.  How long did you take it before you started your quit?  It recommends at least 7 days, but some people take it a little longer before quitting.  You will most likely have vivid dreams, but keep in mind you can actually control them while on chantix.  It's all worth it though.  I'm experienced with chantix so reach out for more questions.  

sjones0440

I was on it for like 2 weeks first. I get sick feeling all the time, I

wonder if that's why 😕 and yes to the vivid and sometimes frightening

dreams! I know ppl that quit chantix cuz if the dreams. They dont bother

me as much. I usually laugh at them and tell everyone like I cant believe I

just dreamed that. Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Also saw mention/suggestion from one person today about chewing on straws. Cinnamon toothpicks can also be useful & contain no calories, just potential splinters but at least they have a little flavor.

Barbscloud

Yes, there are proponents on here of cinnamon toothpicks.  I was a straw chewer.  Whatever works to get you through!  Keep it going to the other side.

Barb

sjones0440

Thanks!

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 3:33 PM Barbscloud <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

sjones0440

Thanks!

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 3:30 PM nevergiveup <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Congrats on the quit! The Chantix is making you nauseous. I could stomach 1/2 pill per dose when I took it, but not a full one.