cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exvape

On blogs is there an edit button so typos can be corrected?

Jump to solution

On blogs is there an edit button so typos can be corrected?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can.  The option will only appear in landscape mode(on its side) and depending on your browser you may need to select desktop mode.

Here's a screenshot:

pastedImage_1.png

Let me know which blog it is and I can give you the direct link to edit to make it easier on you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Yes, click on the title of your blog and you will see on the top right corner.  Edit- Share-Action.  Click Edit.  Once you finish editing. scroll to the bottom of the page and select update. 

sweetplt

Just a note...when you edit on a blog/post, etc., (your’s and/or someone else’s)...You must go to the original post to do the editing...you can not do it when looking at it through messages...hope that makes sense Exvape 

Can you edit using a phone - e.g iPhone?

0 Kudos

You can.  The option will only appear in landscape mode(on its side) and depending on your browser you may need to select desktop mode.

Here's a screenshot:

pastedImage_1.png

Let me know which blog it is and I can give you the direct link to edit to make it easier on you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

sweetplt wrote:

Just a note...when you edit on a blog/post, etc., (your’s and/or someone else’s)...You must go to the original post to do the editing...you can not do it when looking at it through messages...hope that makes sense Exvape 

Yes this is correct.  You cannot edit in the inbox you must go to the actual post.

Root post has the edit button as shown in my screenshot.

Comment posts have an Actions > Edit  dropdown.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
sweetplt

Not sure Exvape I will try it and let you know...

Thanks! I don’t see it on my phone—-it’s just the obsessive compulsive part of me that wants to fix typos when I spot them.

sweetplt

Exvape I tried with my iPhone...say I typed a reply to someone’s post...and entered... then it gives me on my phone the option to edit on the bottom of my response. However, on a post I wrote it doesn’t give me an option to edit when using my iPhone...

I am not computer savvy so if I don’t make sense...please let me know...you are helping me to learn along with you...lol....Colleen

0 Kudos

I saw the same thing —I can edit some responses...but can’t edit a blog.

not a problem...I’ll just try to proof my posts more diligently to prevent annoying typos.

thanks again!!

Exvape