cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sammy838

Day 10

10 days 1 hour and 15 minutes of quit time on my side today 

Yesterday was rough went out forsome lunch at a local pub restaraunt had 2 beers thomas jeffersons home brew repurdused by a micro brew in philly, not bad 

And a yengling good all around beer BUT NOT A GOOD IDEAL WHEN TRYING TO QUIT SMOOKING

After that point I kept reaching looking for my smokes then started getting agitated so had to get out of there and went home jumped in the shower and tried to keep my mind off of it and finally got thru it 

Today is a better day and now I know I have to wait a little bit longer before hanging out at the pubs till I can get a better hold of this quit!

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You have learned an important lesson.  It is best to limit yourself to one or two beers when you are quitting smoking.  Alcohol clouds your thinking and, as you have found, makes it more difficult to stick to your decision.

WHEW!

sweetplt

Congratulations Sammy838 on 10 days of Freedom...I learned when I had a bad day of craves, urges, etc., and I stuck with my quit and diverted my attention to something else...the next day seemed to be better...You learned something important and I am glad it didn’t cost you ... your quit...early days, Be careful with Alcohol...many a lost quits...I know first hand...Keep it going...be proud of YOU...and Have a Happy Friday ~ Colleen 319 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 10 days.   Glad you knew what to do to protect your quit.  Sometimes it can be that simple--just get out of the situation or avoid them for awhile.   Welcome to the Double Digit Club!   Keep moving forward

Image result for congratulations gif

Barb

elvan

Congratulations on what is now probably 11 days???  I am glad you learned early and well that drinking does not go well with quitting smoking.  I am a serious lightweight when it comes to alcohol and when I quit smoking, I absolutely avoided any alcohol for six months.  I would probably have gone longer but it was my friend's birthday party.  I came very close to picking up a cigarette that was the same brand I smoked but it wasn't mine.  I had gone onto autopilot after 1 1/2 beers...I apologized and excused myself.  I lost quits in the past after having a couple of beers.  Now, there is no connection any more but I have been quit for over 5 1/2 years.  Proceed with caution and always give yourself an out.

Ellen

aboyd63

Congratulations on your 11 days now. Your doing great. 

Arlene 75 DOF

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I am very happy that you had the fortitude to not smoke. Alcohol has ruined many a quit.  If you have to smoke if you drink it is best that you don't.  Keep it simple. Congrats on Double Digits

0 Kudos