cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Loveland1

do I have to start all over?

I already slipped up. I had 2 cigarettes today but don't know if I start all over. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sweetplt

Hello and Welcome to Ex’s...Loveland1 

Glad you found our site.  If you smoked, you slipped...so you start it over...get back in the journey...it is important to figure out why? You smoked...and how could you do different in the future.  Also, how did you get the cigarettes?  Have you thrown all smoking paraphernalia away?  

Might I suggest, you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to be better prepared and to gain some knowledge on quitting.  Then, read some of the Elder blogs to inspire your quit...Lastly, keep close to the support site to encourage other quitters in this journey and for you to receive support.  We are in this journey together...and many of us have lost a quit, so don’t beat yourself up...~ Colleen 320 DOF 

How are you going to know when you actually quit if you kept slipping.?

You don't lose the time/those days you didn't smoke but it's not consecutive quit time because you smoked,

so I would start from your last cigarette and 24 hours from the time you put that one out and exhale the last puff, is your first day quit.

Exvape

Read Alan Carr’s book - Easy Way to Stop Smoking.  It will help you make a final decision to be done smoking once and for all.

when you are ready, reset the clock and be done.

you will he come elite members of people who have freed themselves from nicotine.

you can do it....it’s just a matter of deciding.

best of luck

Exvape

Sootie

If you smoked then yes....you have to start over. Good advice above.....................figure out what triggered you smoking and what you will do if that trigger comes up again....besides smoking. Stay Strong.

Barbscloud

A slip is a slip.   Don't  let it defeat you.  Just get right back on track--then it's not a relapse.  Most of us have attempted to quit numerous times so each one is a learning experience. If you did not do so already, educate yourself about nicotine addiction so you know what to expect.  Did you create a plan?  If not, you'll be surprised what a difference it makes.  And, finally, reach out before you smoke, not after.  Give us a chance to help you through the rough moments. 

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I see you started this journey 2 days ago. I would call it a slip and it should not be a problem to start over. Welcome to EX community.  A place where you can receive support in order to help quit smoking. First things first.  Have you decided on how you are going to do this or did just quit?  Some people do just decide to quit but more make the decision and plan on how they are going to go about quitting. 

I suggest that you start here, Learn and track your triggers and smokes. 

My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX I am a firm believer education is the key to success. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help

Make a vow that you will not smoke if it happens again.  Get rid of all smoking materials it lessens the chances of being tempted. What will you do differently?

Start over with a commitment that NOPE no matter what

Quit Date - How to Reset 

"Keep it Simple"...

101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke

Education is the key to a successful quit!

0 Kudos