cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavesTime

Explain to me: Why was Julie's (minihorses) question regarding vaping locked?

I think people who get their posts removed/blocked should get some explanation as to why the action was taken.  She has helped a LOT of people here and has also gotten support from so many--i.e., she is part of the EX family.  She is considering leaving the board because of this.  Which would be a shame!!!!

Tags (1)
11 Replies
AnnetteMM

Have no idea that could happen. Anyone else know?

0 Kudos

I did read it.  I assume only administration could do that.

0 Kudos

Went to "Read the Latest Updates"  and I was able to access it.

0 Kudos
DavesTime

She really is very upset.  Apparently a number of her posts have been blocked, and she feels she is being singled out. I'd hate to see her leave.

0 Kudos

I feel like the pariah in the bunch. It's not everyone's fault I just don't seem to fit the mold on Ex so I must keep my mouth shut. By having to do so, there's not a whole lot to do out here. 

0 Kudos

EX doesn't have a mold, we're kinda like an amoeba, shape constantly shifting. We're a diverse set of people and differences should be welcomed and celebrated. However, sometimes reactions to posts can get a bit strong especially when the topic is sensitive and the intent could be read different ways. 

With all thriving communities there are guidelines and standards that exist to ensure smooth operation. On occasion, activity and contributions are reviewed. You shouldn't take it personally. It's for your protection.

I'm interested in helping people like you feel more included in the community rather than excluded. I'd love to hear from anyone who is willing to contribute to furthering such efforts here on EX.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I've been thinking about this and I'm not going to debate about what you posted or whether it should be posted. There's probably PM's going on, but that's not my thing.    I don't understand your response about not being apart of this community.  You always get support and positive responses from the people on this site.  I'm sure you're feeling very vulnerable right now because you shared something personal and it was rejected from comment--I know I would.  But, really, you have to keep your mouth shut now?   You contribute a unique and honest prospective to others on this site.  People read what is relevant to them, but it's out there for them to make that choice.

Hugs 

Barb

0 Kudos

I'm just seeing all of this now you're a huge part of this community I really hope you stay around and post and comment whenever you feel like it....

0 Kudos
marciem

I can access it but there was no way to answer it .  I was interested to see what responses she got, and surprised to see it locked.  I didn't see her post as advocating vaping, just mentioning that she did on occasion.  I don't know if that's what got it locked?  Lots of people mention smoking a cigarette on here, or using NRT forever, and don't get locked out.... so I don't know.

0 Kudos