cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Thovis

I jogged a little today

Today is 40 days for me.  After over 40 years of smoking I would get winded walking to the mailbox.  I started walking a couple miles per day then upped it to a couple miles twice per day.  I've been feeling pretty good lately and I've been thinking about trying to run.  haha  This morning I added a little jogging.  I probably jogged a half of a mile of my 3 mile walk today.  I came home drenched in sweat.  Man it felt good.  I never thought I would jog again.  I'm going to keep pushing until I can jog the whole distance.  Quitting smoking has proven to be the best thing I've ever done for myself.  I don't think I ever took the time to enjoy my surroundings like I do now.  This is my view during my walks (and jogs).  St. Augustine, FL 

IMG_3916.jpg 

10 Replies
sweetplt

It is so good to see all the good and positive things quitting smoking does in our lives...thank you for sharing...enjoy the jog in beautiful St. Augustine...Happy Monday ~ Colleen 315 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

From what I understand, you should walk some, then jog some, then walk some, then jog some to working up to a full jog.  Doesn't it feel GREAT to exercise?   It's gonna' encourage some of that dopamine you have been missing, too.

Congrats on 40 days (at least it isn't raining and nobody is building a BIG boat and leading animals to it, either).

I attended a wedding in St. Augustine and just LOVED the city.  Lucky you to live there!

Keep enjoying that quit!

Thovis

youngatheart -  that's what I did.  Jogged, walked, jogged, walked.  I hope to be able to jog the distance by end of year.  Yes, very fortunate to live here.  

0 Kudos
constanceclum

Congratulations on 40 days, and that's a lot of progress in 40 days. Way to go!!

Connie

Jennifer-Quit

Congrats to you on 40 days!  

0 Kudos
elvan

WOW, I am really happy for you.  I waited too long to quit and my walking days are over, I am confined to a stationary bike and free weights.  I can't breathe well enough outside.  I remember before I accepted how bad my COPD was that I would read blogs like this one and turn green with envy.  NOW, I am really happy for you!  Keep going!

Ellen

Thovis

I'm sorry to hear this.  Smoking has taken it's toll on me as well.  I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease and I'm fighting hard to keep it from progressing.  Changed diet, began to exercise and of course, quit smoking.  

elvan

Thovis‌ You are doing everything right...exercise and diet are huge in keeping things from progressing and, of course, not smoking is number one.  Good for you!

Ellen

Barbscloud

Congrats on 40 days and feeling better!

Barb