cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redhead101

Change

How do I reset my quit date ?I end up slipping  yesterday so do I have to start over

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marciem

Hi, Redhead101‌ !  I'm so sorry you smoked, even a puff.  In my opinion, that calls for a reset of your quit date.  If you haven't smoked more since, you won't technically be going thru the agonies of day or week or month one... but accountability is important, and you haven't been smoke-free since your original quit date.   There are also consequences to our actions, and for many of us the consequence of having to reset makes us stop and think harder before blowing a beautiful quit.  That's my reasoning on asking for a reset.

Just a comment... you didn't "slip", I'll bet there wasn't a banana peel in sight!   .  You made the choice to smoke, be it one puff, or one cigarette, or one pack, or a day etc. etc..  You took the steps necessary to accomplish that, you and only you had the power to change that choice before it killed a quit.  I'm just stating my opinion and not wanting to beat you up or have you beat yourself up.  Just be aware of it, ok?  You DO have the power, you've been doing it and can do it some more.

If/when the situation arises again, please come here and post about it, let us try to help you and keep your quit. We can't fix it after the fact, but we can give you ways and means to stay smoke free if you'll let us   .

As far as resetting... darned if I can figure out how to do it here!  Sorry, I'm sure someone with better knowledge of this site can help you with that.

Redhead101

Thank you 

0 Kudos