cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Maurine

How can I get messages and support plans directly to my daughter who is addicted to vaping JUUL.

Jump to solution

I want to be able to provide my daughters phone number to where marketing messages support system options strategies for stopping vaping can be sent directly to her. I’m getting all the messages to my phone but that doesn’t help me to have them targeted at her.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

She'd need to text the number, found here and confirm to receive them. Given her age I'd also encourage her to join the site.  We have building resources in E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users‌.  Maybe she could write her goodbye letter to juul.  

/blogs/Anacondahead-blog/2012/01/25/letter-to-a-loved-one  might help her too and other things in Best of EX

For you Non-Smoking Supporters‌ can be a place for people to support each other.  Or you might find other topics here like How do I help my young adult daughter stop vaping JUUL?!  that might connect you with others to share challenges.

Parent Toolkit — Parents Against Vaping E-cigarettes is a resource that also is working to help parents.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
indingrl

Welcome andvMark the on site  MANAGER would know - gentle hug

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

She'd need to text the number, found here and confirm to receive them. Given her age I'd also encourage her to join the site.  We have building resources in E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users‌.  Maybe she could write her goodbye letter to juul.  

/blogs/Anacondahead-blog/2012/01/25/letter-to-a-loved-one  might help her too and other things in Best of EX

For you Non-Smoking Supporters‌ can be a place for people to support each other.  Or you might find other topics here like How do I help my young adult daughter stop vaping JUUL?!  that might connect you with others to share challenges.

Parent Toolkit — Parents Against Vaping E-cigarettes is a resource that also is working to help parents.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

What's up the Truth Iniative site for young vapers?  I keep referring people there , but don't see it discussed or linked on the Ex.

0 Kudos
EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Truth Initiative runs a program called This is Quitting designed specifically to help young people ages 13-24 quit vaping. You can learn more about it here!

This is Quitting sends 1 text message/day to guide users through the quitting process. It's free, confidential, and super super easy -- young people can just text DITCHJUUL to 88709 to get started.

Megan, Product Lead for EX
Barbscloud

I know that!   Why isn't the Ex referring your vapers to this site?

Barb

0 Kudos
EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

BecomeAnEX.org was designed for adult tobacco users. This is Quitting is designed for youth and young adults. Young adults who are over 18 are welcome to use either BecomeAnEX or This is Quitting! Both programs offer different features, tones, styles, and ways to engage.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Don't think your understanding what I'm saying.  I already know what you're telling me.  We are getting many vapers on the Ex now and a number are younger.  I've been referring them to Quitting.   I'm saying the Ex could be referring them--most folks on the Ex don't know about.  I found it by accident.

Barb

0 Kudos
EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Young adults are more than welcome right here on EX!

We'll look for ways to make This is Quitting more prominent as a resource for teens. If you have ideas about where that would be good to put, I'd love to hear it!

0 Kudos