cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Minnowrockeek

Other chewers out there?

I've been using Skoal for 35+ years and wonder what specific challenges others have found with quitting chewing instead of smoking?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Barbscloud

Sorry you haven't gotten any responses.  I assume it's still nicotine withdrawal ans what we suggest to quit still works.  I found a group on the Ex.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/chewing-tobacco 

Hope this helps.

Barb

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I was "spit-adjacent", shall we say, to a couple of guys I worked with. They both quit with nicotine gum.

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to Ex here is a link to help you get started on quitting chewing.  As you are aware it is an addiction just like heroin cocaine meth, nicotine, vaping.  They all fall in the same category ...addiction. Learn more about nicotine and how it affects you.  To get started here go to. Quitting Chewing Tobacco | BecomeAnEX  

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Stick around, read, learn and share. This site is for all quitting nicotine related addiction. And we'll be here for you 365. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

WELCOME YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD JOB CHOOSING YOUR NON SMOKER LIFE

0 Kudos
PrimeNumberJD

I have a good buddy quitting right now, he was a chewer. I would chew in places I couldn't smoke, but cigarettes were my go to. 

My buddy is using ther gum, he quit in December 2018. He continues to use the gum and doesn't plan on reducing it for a year. He has quit multiple times, but fails at 9 months. For him, he wants to get beyond that and will develop a strategy for reducing the gum once he hits a year. 

All nicotine withdrawal is the same in the way nicotine is expelled and most of the symptoms will be the same. So, even if we don't have any chewers, there is still a wealth of knowledge. What will be different for you is doing something with your mouth. If you go cold Turkey, may want to consider gum, jerky, straws, toothpicks or whatever will work for you. That is what this is about, finding your quit and keeping it!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

mking52Ronwvt42194 and Minnowrockeek‌ are here as well. Looks like a great time for information sharing.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team