cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

fjpbanshee

My Quit Date went smoother than I imagined

I quit smoking Sunday and my day went pretty good.  I was surprised that I only used 6 pieces of my NRT gum also.  I kept myself busy all day (it was gorgeous here in Colorado) washing and cleaning out my car, mowing the lawn and airing out the house.  I found myself wanting to get up tonight after dinner and head to the patio but I just told myself that I don't do that anymore, took a breath and the impulse vanished.  I know there is alot of hard work ahead and just because today was smooth doesn't mean tomorrow will be so I am getting mentally prepared.  More to come, have a great night!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
renee95

That's wonderful. My quit has been working really smooth then an emotional upset. I didn't slip up. We are going to make it. Woot

0 Kudos
Learn2Breath

I'm four days quit and though there are moments now and then that I crave, I just know I won't give in to it.  That little voice is like a kid crying because they can't have the moon.

0 Kudos
Learn2Breath

I read the other day that one of the factors that escalate something that might just be annoying into something deeply frusterating.  A sound makes a perfect example.  Think Jackhammers.  People get more deeply frusterated when they:

A) Have no controll over it

B) Do not know if it will continue or stop

It seems important to fling one's self firmly into the camp of "I have controll" and "Stopping Forever". 

It makes it all less frusterating.  Eaiser.

0 Kudos