cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

The stench

Our weather over the weekend went from perfection to rainy and dreary overnight.  I pulled a coat out of the closet and put it on - and took it right back off.

It smelled disgusting. The stench was over powering - even my eyes were watering.

How did I ever live with smell like this?  How did my husband live with me?  My friends and co-workers.  They must have been so put off.

I washed that coat and the two other coats it was touching.  I hope I don't have to wash everything in that closet - some of it is dry-clean only.

My I can just bomb the closet with fabreeze.

Shaking my head.  Dumbest smart person ever.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
9 Replies
Barbscloud

The times a quit in the past, that was one of the first things I noticed.  I couldn't believe it when I walked in my closet.  And I agree - my poor husband.  It wasn't quite as bad this time because I was smoking outside all the time.

PastTense

For me, it was in the car (mostly).  I would drive to the mall parking lot at lunch to smoke so none of my co-workers would know.

Every time I drove, I smoked.  That poor car.  Burned seats, cloudy windsheild, yellowed headliner.  I owe it an apology!

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbscloud

Fortunately I quit smoking in my car 3 cars ago so I didn't have to deal with that smell.  It did help when I quit this time. I already broke that habit!

GyorgyiM

One of the very first things I did due to the Nicotine Withdraw crazies was  literally tare my home and truck apart with the obsession of cleaning every single pore of smoke smell (I wont call it a scent, it doesn't deserve that title! LoL). It kept me busy as I talked to myself the entire time and the animals just looked at me like "Mom is crazy"....It kept me busy AND it cleansed my environment once and for all....

To this day I still cant stand that smell.....

I wore a lot of mild perfumes/colognes back in those days so I didn't really have an issue with smelling like cigarettes. My co workers didn't even know I smoked for a long long time....

By the way........... you ARE a SMART person. 

Just don't get hooked on Fabreeze.....cuz then we'll have to deal with THAT!

Smiles,

Gyorgyi

Thovis

My car is still pretty bad.  

Sootie

Suggestion...get it detailed at a professional place. It's worth it.....cars stink from smoke.

indingrl

Yahoooooooooo - smelling sense works- CONGRATS  - gentle hug

Sootie

Yes...that STENCH as you so accurately put it is terrible. I was in line at a store the other day and simply could not stand the smell of the woman in front of me.....stale smoke. I have such a fear of horrible smells in my home yet I just went on smoking for years and years........the things we did.

elvan

It's such an ugly smell and so pervasive.  I did not smoke indoors but the coat I wore when I did smoke was disgusting.  I am so glad that I am no longer carrying that stench with me and I am so sorry that I did for so long.

Ellen