cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kellyann

Gonna break here

I feel like I am gonna die here. Can't think can't concentrate and everything tast this crap but have to eat to help with the nausea. Cant smoke without nausea getting 10 times worse. Please any advice would be great here

)o( KellyAnn )o(
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kristim

I fell in love with Orbit gum when I was first quitting. It helped to clean my tongue I think. Whatever you do, don't give up! The side effects of Chantix are temporary and are better then picking up another cig! You can do it!

PS - Try Ice Cream!!
0 Kudos
lilly2

Hey Kelly Ann -

Ive been on chantix for six weeks now. I hate to tell you, but the nausea has continued, however, it has subsided somewhat. I just have to remind myself, I would rather feel nauseaus than pick up the filthy weed. The reality is that I still want a cig, but the chantix makes it way to unpleasant of an experience.

I am not a gum chewer. I like using cinnamon altoids. Animal crackers and ginger ale helps me with the nausea!

Good luck and take it one day at a time girl!
- Lilly
0 Kudos
cowgirlnc

This is my third week on Chantix; the nausea is still there if I don't eat before I take it but it's much easier to take the nausea than the withdrawal symptoms going cold turkey!!! I agree, the cigs taste like crap now which is a blessing!!! and since I can't chew gum (due to TMJ), I eat the soft peppermint candy......... I think I'm addicted to a certain brand now......Please,please don't give up; things will get better with the Chantix. Even my depression is better.
0 Kudos
courtney14

Hi Kelly Ann -

I have been on Chantix 5 weeks now and the nausea I do still get but now only with my dinner time pill and it usually passes within 15 minutes. I know its frustrating, but ginger ale, seltzer, soda helps me with it. I keep thinking that I can deal with the side effects because the alternative is to smoke again, and I am really starting to feel better, even though I still sometimes want a cigarette - there are days when I barely think about them. I am hoping soon there will be a day where I don't think of them at all!! Keep trying, you defintely can do it, we all can!
0 Kudos
deb21

Sorry Chantix didn't affect me like that...yes I do have nausea in the mornings...but I've learned to eat a good breakfast in the mornings....and then it's not as bad....in the evenings after dinner is when I take my second pill...and I have no nausea then....I've been on it for about 7 weeks now....40 days smoke free....and all is well here.
0 Kudos