cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WillWybierala

This site does not work

Sorry to say this is the BS site because it’s a computerized system and it’s not a person-to-person. how does a computer know how it is to try to quit smoking. Here’s an answer it doesn’t

66 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

WilliamWybierala

Welcome. This is a site of person to person.  While people are not in the same room the amount of connectedness created by this site is amazing. People on the ends of these digital connections congregate on a yearly basis at different places in the country in a formal way and also meet up informally at other times through the years.  Hopefully you can observe and be a part of that connectedness soon. 

What have you done this far? We'd love to help you get more out of the site and the community.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
tuckeww

Just trying to stay focus,it has by no means been easy.

0 Kudos
PastTense

Good morning, WilliamWybierala

I am trying to understand your statement that this site isn't person-to-person.  I know for a fact that I am a real person sitting at my desk and responding to you (go ahead, I'll pass the Turing Test!).

Having this site to keep me mindful of my progress, be supported through the tough times, assisted when I have a question, and celebrated when I have a victory has helped me maintain my quit.  It is an important part of my quit plan.

And that's what this site does; allow all of us on this jouney to help each other out.  We are as person-to-person as a phone call is.

Are you considering quitting?  Do you need help and support?

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbscloud

I'm a real person and I've been here responding to people since 8:00 am this morning.

AnnetteMM

At first I tried looking up Nicotine Anonymous because they hold meetings like AA does. There weren't any in my area but maybe in yours? We want you here, but if you need a "live" person that's one way to go.

MarilynH

We're real people WilliamWybierala and we're all here to help each other whether a person iscontemplating quitting smoking or they're on Day ONE or further along in their quit we're here trying to help people stack up those precious DOF  - Days Of Freedom so each evening they'll be able to say YAY for another Day WON, we want you and everyone here at Ex to EXperience the Freedom of living a Smokefree Life because it's DOABLE and so very worth it to be Free.....

indingrl

Welcome and I know HOW to quit smoking - I am NOT a computer - I am NOT a - b.s. er - anymore either - only by God's grace -  I have been coming to THIS SITE - since October 2010 - they have since then - UPGRADED THE SYSTEM -  I have come here ALMOST - almost - every NEW day - that MY God has blessed ME with and each NEW morning I come here to HELP just like I was HELPED 8 YEARS ago - MY quit date is January 6, 2011 - I am NOW a non smoker living MY OWN personal way - there is offered here -  a variety of ways to - STAY quit - just read for YOURSELF - each person's blog -  OR - read for YOURSELF -  all info given freely here by - the EX team - HOPE - YOU give YOURSELF -  another try at joining and becoming a non smoker - ONE breathe at a time and the ONE DAY- I think YOU are worth living NICOTINE FREE TODAY - YOU gotta believe it for yourself  - that's MY miracle - TOGETHER with others with ONE main objective - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF EVER - please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you  - just try this DAY to become a NON SMOKER - ONE DAY at a time with ALL of US here - if YOU CHOOSE - gentle hug  

constanceclum

This site, which you say does not work, has helped hundreds, if not thousands of people quit smoking-proof that it does work!

Giulia

You're right about one thing:  a computer doesn't know what it's like to quit smoking.  But the only computerized part of this program is the quit plan.   It keeps track of your days and reasons and triggers, etc.  This community is certainly not computerized.  This community is the heart of support here.  WE KNOW what it's like to quit smoking because we've been there, done that.  Or are still trying to do that.  

What a way to introduce yourself to the community.  Hope you stick around with an open mind.   You obviously joined BecomeAnEX in order to quit smoking, or vaping, right?  What would like this site to be that it is not?  How can we help you achieve your goal?  That's what we in the community are here for.  What kind of support would you like?